Posted by Gregory on Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:02am.
Solid Na2SO4 is added to a solution which is 0.012 M in Pb(NO3)2 and 0.048 M in AgNO3. Assume the volume remains constant. Ksp = 2.0 10-8 for PbSO4 and Ksp = 1.2 10-5 for Ag2SO4.
(a) Which compound precipitates first?
(b) What is the concentration of the first ion precipitated when the second ion starts to precipitate?
Chemistry - Stephon, Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:16am
Chemistry - Gregory, Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:20am
Well, what a coincidence. Hello Stephon! My uncle's name is Stephon, but he lives across the country from me. Anyways, can someone please help me with this problem?
Chemistry - Gregory, Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:21am
At least with part b. I figured out that part a is Pb(NO3)2
Chemistry - Stephon, Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:23am
Lol same boat buddy.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:37am
Here is the same problem (but different numbers) I worked for John just below.
Chemistry - Gregory, Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:48am
Thank you so much once again Dr. Bob!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - Solid Na2SO4 is added to a solution which is 0.014 M in Pb(NO3)2 and...
- Chemistry - Solid Na2SO4 is added to a solution which is 0.020 M in Pb(NO3)2 and...
- Chemistry - what is the molar solubility of lead sulfate in 1.0 X 10^-3 M Na2SO4...
- chemistry - For which of the following mixtures will Ag2SO4(s) (Ksp=1.20E^-5)...
- chemistry - Calculate the concentrations of all ions after 50.0 mL of a 0.100 M ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following substances has the greatest solubility in ...
- Chemistry - Calculate the number of grams of solid Mg(OH)2 that will dissolve in...
- Chemistry - Sodium sulfate is slowly added to a solution containing 0.0500 M Ca^...
- Chemistry - A solution is 5.0× 10–5 M in each of these ions: Ag , SO42–, Cl–, ...
- chemistry - To a 100.0 mL solution containing 0.0100 M Ba(NO3)2 and 0.0100 M Pb(...