Posted by Amy on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 11:32pm.
Africa was one of the sites where agriculture began. Archaeological investigations suggest that knowledge of cultivation moved west from the ancient Judaea (southern Palestine) and arrived in the Nile Delta in Egypt about the fifth millennium before Christ. Settled agriculture then traveled down the Nile Valley and moved west across the southern edge of the Sahara to the central and western Sudan. By the first century B.C., settled agriculture existed in West Africa. From there it spread to the equatorial forests. African farmers learned to domesticate plants including millet, sorghum, and yams. Cereal-growing people probably taught forest people to plant regular fields. Gradually, African farmers also learned to clear land by burning. They evolved a sedentary way of life – living in villages, clearing fields, relying on root drops, and fishing.
1. In this passage, people who are sedentary are those who:
B. domesticate animals.
C. burn forests.
D. live in villages
is it D
2. What is the main idea of this paragraph?
A. Agriculture reached Africa first in Egypt.
B. African farmers domesticated millet, sorghum, and yams.
C. Agriculture reached Africa early and developed slowly.
D. African farmers learned to clear land by burning.
is it D
English - Writeacher, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 11:43pm
I agree with your first answer, not not the second. A main idea is for the whole paragraph, not just part of it.
English - Amy, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 11:45pm
is it B
English - Writeacher, Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:44am
Both your guesses for the 2nd question are too detailed. They're incorrect.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - ineed the location of egypt this is what i wrote so far, ...
- World history - The spread of Bantu-speaking peoples over southern Africa before...
- Social Studies - Which of the following statements about Egypt is correct? A. ...
- Geography - 6. Which of the following statements is NOT true? a. the Nile River ...
- Social Studies - If you are writing a report on Ancient Egypt's Geograpy and the...
- world history - 1. Which statement best describes the period known as the Old ...
- World history - 1. Which statement best describes the period known as the Old ...
- Wold History - 1. Which statement best describes the period known as the Old ...
- Social Studies - I have an assignment that im retaking and it's to find a ...
- geography - some information on Eygipt The Gift Of Nile http://www....