Posted by Delilah on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 9:51pm.
The body's functions are slowed when alcohol reaches where? (1 point)
Which statement is NOT true? (1 point)
Regular use of alcohol can lead to addiction.
Alcoholism can be cured.
Someone cannot cause someone else to drink.
Alcohol use during pregnancy can harm the fetus.
Which is the command center of the nervous system? (1 point)
What is one of the most common causes of damage to the nervous system? (1 point)
1. The brain
2. Alcoholism can be cured.
4. Physical injury
- health Ms. Sue please - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 9:59pm
I prefer the third choice for number 2.
Although I'm not sure, I believe the other answers are correct. Be sure to check your book to be sure.
- health Ms. Sue please - bobpursley, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 10:09pm
on number four, I am uncertain what your text says: check it.
But I suspect disease is most common; tumors, epilepsy, Alzheimer's amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) , Bell's palsy, stroke, delusions , dementia, Guillain-Barré syndrome, headaches, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), muscular dystrophy, palsy, seizure; is that enough?
- health Ms. Sue please - Delilah, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 10:11pm
Thank you. But bobpursley, is Ms. Sue's answer right for #2?
- health Ms. Sue please - Delilah, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 10:12pm
Oh and yes, I agree with your answer, bobpursley
- health Ms. Sue please - bobpursley, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 10:18pm
The problem with question 2 is that it is flawed.
Answer two depends on what one means by cured, in my opinion. I see MsSue's pont on the third choice, but honestly, I never could digest double negative statements (which is NOT true...they canNOt...). If I were a teacher, or test writer, this question would be thrown out.
- health Ms. Sue please - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 10:26pm
I did misread the double negatives in the second question. In addition to defining "cured," the word "alcoholism" also needs a universally agreed upon definition.
- health Ms. Sue please - Ken, Friday, March 15, 2013 at 2:26pm
On #1, the moment it reaches the stomach peristalsis slows or stops.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Health (Ms. Sue) - 1. Describe the dangers of binge drinking. A: There are many ...
- health - Which of the following statements about alcohol is true? A. Alcoholic ...
- Health - The majority of alcohol in the blood stream is detoxified in the? A....
- chemistry - If im trying to separate alcohol from water by distillation, is it ...
- Health - 1.- Alcohol abuse can cause scarring of liver, which is called a: ...
- Health - Alcohol abuse can cause scarring of the liver, which is called? A. ...
- 7th grade health please Ms. Sue? - Hi! Sorry, I don't know what subjects you ...
- health help me - 1. Starches and sugars that provide energy (1 point)kidneys ...
- HEALTH HELP PLEASE!! - Fats help maintain your cell membranes. (1 point) True ...
- 7th grade health Ms. Sue please thanks - True/False Indicate whether the ...