Posted by jasmine on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 7:24pm.
circle the words with two vowels together where each vowel has a separate vowel sound, then under line the letters that stand for the two different vowel sounds. 2. audio, faith, search. 3. greed, journal, rodeo 4. either, medium, southern. 5 beach, pound, pioneer 6. duo, poison, waiter 7. grain, group, stadium, 8 mean, freeze, video. Thank you. I am so confused.
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 7:28pm
I showed you one example.
The i and the o each forms its own syllable.
If you're not familiar with the pronunciation of these words, check a dictionary.
I'll be glad to check your answers.
english - jasmine, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 7:37pm
3. rodeo would be the e and the o
4. medium would be the I and the u
5 beach the e and the a
6 duo the u and the o
7 stadium the I and the u
8 video the e and the o. I really am having problems understanding this.
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 7:40pm
You're doing fine. All of your answers are right except for 5. I only hear one vowel sound in "beach." Which of these words has three syllables?
english - jasmine, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 7:46pm
thanks so much for your help Ms. Sue
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 7:51pm
You're very welcome, Jasmine.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Circle the word with two vowels together where each vowel has a ...
- Statistics - I'm looking at my notes and I can't seem to figure how my teacher ...
- Data Management Grade 12 - How many different five-letter words can be formed ...
- 3rd grade grammar - I have no clue how to help my daughter. I looked in ...
- english - 01.Which area of Phonetics deals with manner and place of ...
- Vowel Sounds - What is a word with the vowel sound or
- Vowel Sounds - what is a word with the vowel sound ir and ur
- math - Vanna Black pays money for vowels. If consonants are worth nothing and ...
- math - I hope i am on the right track. Please look at my answer so I am doing ...
- english - the book asks for the vowels circle the vowel spellings Does this mean...