Posted by Thomson on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 4:10pm.
NOTE: this is for advanced functions, NOT physics
A 2m length of board rests with one end on the floor and the other end on a small stack of bricks. A baseball is rolled up the board and back down again in a total of 4 seconds. The farthest the baseball reached on the board was 130cm.
Draw a graph of this. [distance time]
I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the general shape or link me to a graph made on a graphing site.
- math - Steve, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 4:48pm
well, it's a parabola, with
y(0) = 0
y(4) = 0
so we know that the max height is reached at y=2.
y(2) = 130
so, the vertex is at (2,130)
y(t) = -a(t-2)^2 + 130
Now, we know that y(0) = 0, so
0 = -a(4)+130
a = 130/4
y(t) = -130/ (t-2)^2 + 130
and type in
-130/4 * (x-2)^2 + 130
set the x interval to 0,4
and y to 0,150
and you will see the graph
- math - Thomson, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 4:51pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - NOTE: this is for advanced functions, NOT physics A 2m length of board ...
- Math (need formula) - I would be very appreciative if someone could provide me ...
- Physics - In a room that is 2.69 m high, a spring (unstrained length = 0.28 m) ...
- physics - In a room that is 2.78 m high, a spring (unstrained length = 0.30 m) ...
- physics - In a room that is 2.13 m high, a spring (unstrained length = 0.30 m) ...
- Physics - You stand at the end of a long board of length L. The board rests on a...
- Physics - A sturdy wooden board, 4.0 meters long and with a mass of 32 kg, rests...
- Momentum and impulse - You stand at the end of a long board of length L. The ...
- physics - A 59 kg diver stands at the end of a 32 kg springboard, the spring ...
- physics - A thin 2 kg box rests on a 6 kg board that hangs over the table. the ...