Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:28pm.
calculate the mass and prepare 200ml 0.1M, 250 ml 0.2 N, 100 ml 3% of NaCl, Na2Co3 solution
- NOT english - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:37pm
- Chemistry - Mark, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:44pm
You will have to find the molar mass here..
200 ml * 0.1 mol/ L * 1 L/ 1000 mL= 0.02M
250 ml* 0.2M/ L * 1L/ 1000 mL= 0.05M N
I somehow feel this problem is incomplete or either I am unable to understand the chemical compound name. Is there anymore to it?
- english - DrBob222, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 3:20pm
You have six problems here. Three are for NaCl and three for Na2CO3.
200 mL of 0.1M:
How many mols do you want? That's M x L = 0.1M x 0.200L = 0.02 mols.
How many grams is that.
mols = grams/molar mass. You know molar mass and mols; solve for grams.
250 mL of 0.2 N. How many equivalents do you want? That's N x L = 0.05 equiv.
How many grams is that?
#equivalents = grams/equilvalent weight. You know # equivalents and equivalent weight; solve or grams.
100 mL 3% NaCl (I assume that is % w/w.)
3g NaCl/100 g solution.
The Na2CO3 is done the same way.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - . Given the following stocks 4M NaCl, 3M NaOH, 5M HCl (a) Prepare ...
- Chemistry - 25.0 mL of a NaCl solution (concentration unknown) was found to ...
- Chemistry - A student intend to prepare 200ml of 0.3M NaCl solution . The mass ...
- Chem - 1) Which solution will have the lowest OH- A) Na2CO3 B) NaHCO3 C) NaCl D...
- science - Q4.you will be asked to prepare 25.0 mL of a 0.019 M solution of ...
- Chemistry - To a mixture of NaCl and Na2CO3 with a mass of 1.300 g was added 55....
- Chemistry - You are instructed to prepare 250 mL of a solution which is 50 M in ...
- Chem - Plese tell me if these are right. A 15.0-mL sample of NaCl solution has a...
- chemisrty - Q4) Suppose you prepare 950 mL of a solution by dissolving 100 grams...
- science-chem - first, thanks so much Bob for helping me!!!! Q4.you will be asked...