Posted by Mark on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 11:28am.
what is derivative of sin^2 (3x-1)^2 ?
dy/dx (sin^2 (x))= 2 sin x cos x
dy/dx (3x-1)^2= 6(3x-1)
= 2 sin ((3x-1)^2) cos ((3x-1)^2) * 6(3x-1)
Please help. Thank you
- Derivatives - Mark, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 11:53am
I'm not sure if this is correct. Can someone clarify thanks.
- Derivatives - Steve, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 12:15pm
you are correct
Or, you could go on and say
sin (2(3x-1)^2) * 6(3x-1)
- Derivatives - Mark, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 12:17pm
I got 12 sin (3x-1)^2 cos (3x-1)^2 * (3x-1) as my final answer. Is this in the correct simplified form ?
- Derivatives - Steve, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 12:45pm
it is ok, but you can use
2sinu cosu = sin(2u)
to make it what I had:
If you want to retain your original argument of sin and cos, then leave it as you had it.
- Derivatives - Mark, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 12:50pm
I have taken that into consideration; thank you!
Answer this Question
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- tigonometry - expres the following as sums and differences of sines or cosines ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- algebra - Can someone please help me do this problem? That would be great! ...
- Calculus 12th grade (double check my work please) - 1.)Find dy/dx when y= Ln (...
- Math - Calculus - The identity below is significant because it relates 3 ...
- trig - Reduce the following to the sine or cosine of one angle: (i) sin145*cos75...
- calculus - Could someone check my reasoning? thanx Find the derivative of the ...
- d/dx - d/dx( ln |sin(pi/x)| ) = ? Thanks. If those are absolute value signs, the...
- trig - The expression 4 sin x cos x is equivalent to which of the following? (...