Posted by Mark on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 2:40am.
- Mr. Hermann, a stamp collector , sold 2 stamps for $5000 each. Based on his cost , he made a 25% profit on one stamp and lost 20% on the other stamp. What was Mr. Hermann's total loss on the two transactions?
- There are five chidren in the Roberts family. Amy and Ariel are twins. Brett and Bart are also twins. Amy's age plus Brett's age is 25years. Ariel's age plus Charlene's age is 27 years . Bart's age plus Charlene's age is 20 years. What is the sum of the ages of all 5 children in the Roberts fanily?
- math problem - Reiny, Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 7:41am
return = 5000(1.25) + 5000(.8)
let Amy and Ariel' age be x
let Brett and Bart's age be y
let Charlene's age be z
x+y = 25
x + z = 27
y+z = 20
2nd minus the third
x - y = 7
add that to the first
2x = 32
in the 1st:
16+y = 27
y = 11
in the third:
11+z = 20
z = 9
so we have 2x + 2y + z
= 32+22+9 = 63
- math problem - Anonymous, Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 8:29am
Amy and Ariel are 13 + 13=26.Brett and Bart are 12+12=23.Charlene is 24
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Use coordination to combine each pair of sentences below into one ...
- Math - You have 36 stamps that you want to put into a stamp album. Stamp albums ...
- algebra - Allen bought 20 stamps at the post office in 37 cents and 20 cents. ...
- math - Thomas has a letter he wants to send to his girlfriend. the total ...
- social studies (civics) - hi... i have to do a project and its about drawing a ...
- Math - Delia has 493 stamps in her stamp collection. She can put 16 stamps on ...
- Math(Algebra) - Joe, using only .32 cent stamps and .20 cent stamps, put $3.36 ...
- Math - The value of a certain rare stamp is 160% of its value three years ago. ...
- Algebra - a colection of stamps consist of 2 cent stamps, 8 cent stamps, and 14 ...
- Pre Algebra - The area of a square postage stamp is 81/100 in. squared. What is ...