Posted by selly on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 3:15pm.
Allegra is a blockbuster allergy medication that generated over $1.8 billion in global sales in 2004. Allegra, or Fexofenadine, decreases allergy symptoms by inhibiting the action of histamines. Histamines are naturally occurring molecules that are released from some cells when a person is exposed to pollen or other allergens. When histamine is released in nasal cells, the classic runny nose can occur. Because Fexofenadine is unable to cross the blood brain barrier, it is able to relieve allergy symptoms without causing the extreme drowsiness seen with earlier antihistamine drugs.
The structure of Fexofenadine is shown below.
More on Chemical Structure Abbreviations+ open
(A) Enter the formula for Fexofenadine by typing the number of each atom in the blanks. If Fexofenadine does not contain any atoms of that element, enter "0";
Number of Carbon atoms
Number of Hydrogen atoms
Number of Nitrogen atoms
Number of Oxygen atoms
Number of Phosphorus atoms
Number of Sulfur atoms
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Statistics - Researchers wish to determine if a new experimental medication will...
- algebra2 - 10 points) Score 2. Allegra has a cell-phone plan that charges $65 ...
- Math - Allegra has a cell-phone plan that charges $65 per month and $0.10 for ...
- Help Plz.. Algebra II - Allegra has a cell-phone plan that charges $65 per month...
- Health - What is an allergy? Is an allergy communicable?
- Algebra - Last month, Stacie spent $57 on 4 allergy shots and 1 office visit. ...
- statistics - A researcher is interested in whether herbal remedies are effective...
- Chemistry - Benadryl is an over-the-counter drug used to treat allergy symptoms...
- MATH - Of the adult Fiji population, 42% has a rare allergy due to expose to ...
- Chemistry - The isotopic abundance of naturally occurring hydrogen is as follows...