Posted by Pretender on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 5:19am.
When a man in a cage whose weight is 1000N pulls a rope that is attached on a cage around a fixed pulley,the force he exerts on the floor of the cage is 450N ,if the cage weigh 250N ,find the acceleration
Physics - bobpursley, Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 5:42am
I don't get the picture...a man in a cage pulls a rope attached to the cage..
Physics - Pretender, Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 6:08am
Picture it like this:the rope is attached on top of the cage then from there it passes around a fixed pulley so the man in the cage is pulling the rope down from the pulley.PLEASE HELP ME Bobpursley
Physics - drwls, Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 6:08am
The weight of cage + man is 1250 N and their combined mass is
Mtotal = Wtotal/g = 127.6 kg.
The man and cage accelerate at the same rate, a. Let F be the rope tension force. Consider all forces on the man, including weight and the upward floor force. The man's mass is 102 kg
F - Wman + 450 = F - 550 = 102*a
Now consider all exernal forces on man and cage together:
F -1250 = 127.6 a
Combining the two results in
700 = -25.6 a
a = -0.0366 m/s^2
Physics - Manoj, Friday, August 26, 2016 at 8:55pm
I think u have to also take
Physics - Manoj, Friday, August 26, 2016 at 9:01pm
U did a mistake
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A cage descends a mine shaft with an acceleration of 0.5 m/s2. After ...
- theory of machines - A winding drum raises a cage through a height of 120 m. the...
- PHYSICS PLEASE HELP !!!!! - A daredevil is riding a motorcycle on the inside of ...
- Algebra 1 - Genie has 100 feet of fence with which to make a rectangular cage ...
- Math - need some help on an algebra question. First we had to put the different ...
- Physics - A large centrifuge is used to expose aspiring astronauts to ...
- Algebra 1 - 1. Simplify 49^3/2. My answer: 343? 2. Simplify 5^ãx^25y^125. My ...
- Algebra 1 Answer Check - 1. Simplify 49^3/2. My answer: 343? 2. Simplify 5^ãx^...
- math - The old lion cage at the zoo was a square, with sides x meters long. For ...
- Math - Ranchers in Sweetwater, Texas hold a rattlesnake round up each year. The ...