Posted by Sandy on Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4:24pm.
1) From 1892 to 1954, millions of immigrants entered the United States through an immigration station in the Northeast called
a. Empire State Station.
b. Big Apple Harbor.
c. Manhattan Port.
d. Ellis Island.
2) Northeastern cities are important trade centers. Which of the following statements does not correctly describe the economic role of a northeastern city?
a. Philadelphia is an important industrial center containing factories producing a variety of goods
b. New York City is considered the financial capital of the United States.
c. Boston is a leading center for academic research as well as medical schools and hospitals.
d. Providence is a major producer of wheat and other grains.
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4:27pm
Both are wrong.
Please go back and really read your assignment before you make wild guesses.
- Social Studies - Wendy, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4:44pm
OK 1) d 2) b
- Social Studies - Wendy, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4:46pm
- Social Studies - Writeacher, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4:47pm
1)d is now correct.
Which of the answer choices for 2) is NOT about MONEY and COMMERCE?
- Social Studies - Wendy, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4:51pm
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4:54pm
- Social Studies - Wendy, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4:58pm
so 1) is d and 2) is d ? ? ? ? ? ?
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 5:01pm
- Social Studies - Wendy, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 5:01pm
ok thanks :)
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 5:05pm
Answer this Question
Social Studies (Ms. Sue) - What did Chinese immigrants and Mexican immigrants ...
social studies-Ms. Sue - "Immigrants have frequently been accused of taking jobs...
social studies - what have many immigrants done for our country in 1900s??? What...
Social Studies - Why did immigrants and farmers settle in big cities at the end...
U.S. History - how did discrimination against immigrants greaten in American ...
Social Studies - What did Progressives think about immigrants?
social studies - how did the natavists make life difficult for immigrants in the...
Social Studies (History) - What message does The New Colossus convey to would-be...
Social Studies - When Chinese immigrants in the 1800s moved to America, were ...
Social Studies - How did the immigrants who came to the United States between ...