Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 9:36pm.
1. How do I cite quotations of a play?
2. How do I punctuate block quote?
*****EXAMPLES WOULD BE HELPFUL!
grammar.. - Writeacher, Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 9:47pm
MLA or APA??
grammar.. - Writeacher, Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 9:53pm
OK, no response ... so I'll give you this information:
You need to have each source of information cited in TWO places:
1. the Works Cited page that is placed after the last page of your paper, and
2. in parentheses in the text of your paper, immediately after the quotation or paraphrase.
For example, this would go on the Works Cited page (with proper indentation for the second and following lines):
Du Bois, W.E.B. The Souls of Black Folk. Chicago, 1903. Project Bartleby. Ed. Steven van Leeuwen. Dec. 1995. Columbia U. 2 Dec. 2003
... and this would go immediately after the quotation or whatever:
The information in parentheses in the text needs to be as brief as possible. That's why there's a Works Cited page – for all the details of the listing.
This is a good place for information on citing in MLA format:
The contents are linked at the left.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I am writing a character analysis of Laura from The Glass Menagerie, ...
- Using souces and avoiding plagirism - Question 13 Which of the following is ...
- English - How do writers correctly punctuate sentences containing the ...
- What is a good quote for Romeo and Juliet? - What is a good quote for me to ...
- Eng Ms. Sue - I'm typing the final draft of my essay. I finished but I'm having ...
- English: Quotes - What if there's a quote inside a quote would I use this...
- Quotations and commas - It seems as though I have forgotten where to put commas ...
- mla format - For mla formatting an essay how do you write and cite a quote from ...
- English - Macbeth - Think about Macbeth’s position at the conclusion of Act III...
- Using souces and avoiding plagirism - 12.Which of the following is incorrect? ...