Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 4:56pm.
it is 300 tv
and 100 refrigerators
Shipping restrictions. The accompanying graph shows all of the possibilities for the number of refrigerators and the number of TVs that will fit into an 18-wheeler. 300 tv 100 refrigerators
a) Write an inequality to describe this region.
b) Will the truck hold 71 refrigerators and 118 TVs?
c) Will the truck hold 51 refrigerators and 176 TVs?
The Burbank Buy More store is going to make an order which will include at most 60 refrigerators. What is the maximum number of TVs which could also be delivered on the same 18-wheeler? Describe the restrictions this would add to the existing graph.
The next day, the Burbank Buy More decides they will have a television sale so they change their order to include at least 200 TVs. What is the maximum number of refrigerators which could also be delivered in the same truck? Describe the restrictions this would add to the original graph.
- math help - Anonymous, Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 10:56pm
first find slope from points (110,0) and (0,330).so slope is -3
equation is y<=-3x+330
- math help - Anonymous, Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 11:00pm
so inequality is 3x+y<=330
for part b)
put x=71 and y=118
so we get 331<=330 which is false
so truck can't hold 71 refrigirators and 118 tvs
for part c.
put x=51 and y=176
so we get 329<=330 which is true.so truck hold 51 ref and 176 TV's
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Intermediate algebra - The accompanying graph shows all of the possibilities ...
- intermediate algebra - The Burbank Buy More store is going to make an order ...
- math - The Burbank Buy More store is going to make an order which will include ...
- math - with summer appraching,t he number of air conditioners sold is expected ...
- math, help - For this one i have no idea what formula or even how to set it up...
- Science - Refrigerators requires a lot of electricity and uses the most ...
- Electricity - Refrigerators requires a lot of electricity and uses the most ...
- Algebra, Intermediate - How do I set up my equation for 18 wheeler with 71 ...
- Math - I have a bar graph that shows the number of students by major in the ...
- 11th grade - 1. Bruce, an appliance salesman, earns a commission of $50 for each...