Posted by Shea on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 3:10pm.
You have the following stock solutions and solid chemicals in your lab:
0.2M Tris buffer, pH 8.0
10 mg/ml Bovine serum albumin (BSA)
MgCl2 (solid, anhydrous) MW = 95.211 g/mole (95% pure)
How would you make 250 ml of the following solution:
0.05M Tris, pH 8.0
0.25 mg/ml BSA
- biochem - DrBob222, Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 3:22pm
There are just dilutions. You can use the dilution formula for most if not all.
c1v1 = c2v2
c = concn
V = volume
1.5M x v1 = 0.2M x 250 mL
v1 = 0.2 x 250/1.5 = 33.33.
So you place 33.33 mL of the 1.5M stock solution in a 250 mL volumetric flask, add water to the mark on the flask and mix thoroughly.
Someone will be happy to check your answers for the others if you care to post them.
- biochem - She, Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 5:28pm
I am confused on the dillution of the MgCl2 do I have to divide by 95 because it is only 95% pure?
- biochem - DrBob222, Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 8:57pm
Yes, if you divide the right number by the right number. :-)
Calculate the grams MgCl2 you need, then divide that number by 0.95 to find the final grams to use.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chem biochem bio - You have the following stock solutions and solid chemicals in...
- Molecular Bio - You are planning to digest human genomic DNA with the EcoRI ...
- Chemistry - compute volume and/ or weights of reagents to make the following ...
- Chemistry - A quantitative amino acid analysis reveals that bovine serum albumin...
- Chemistry - Second Try - Is this the wrong forum for these type of questions or ...
- Biology, Chemistry - I know how to carry out an absorption spectrum I just need...
- chemistry - Prepare 150 ml of a reaction buffer containing 0.75% MgCl2, 35mM ...
- chemistry - Kc = [Na+][Cl-]/[NaCl(s)] The above equation contains the ...
- Biochem - Calculate the amount of Tris(hydroxlmethyl)aminomethane(Tris) ...
- Biochemistry - How do you prepare 100 mL of a 0.1 M TRIS-HCl buffer with a pH 7....