Posted by at a lost on Friday, March 8, 2013 at 9:23pm.
use substitution to solve system
- math - Steve, Friday, March 8, 2013 at 11:56pm
hmmm. you must really be confused; not only at a loss, but at a lost!
we see that
-2x+y = -9, so
y = 2x-9
now substitute that into the other equation:
5x+4(2x-9) = -30
13x = 6
x = 6/13
so, y=2x-9 = -105/13
The =5x+4y confuses me. If that was supposed to be -5x, then
-5x+4(2x-9) = -30
3x = 6
which seems like a better answer.
Answer this Question
- algebra - i need help with these problems (either a solution or how to plug them...
- Math Homework - Hello! I need help with these math questions, thanks! :) 1.) ...
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- math - solve each system of equations by substitution. y=3x-9 please help ...
- Math - Use substitution to solve the system. 3x+5y=21 y=2x-1
- math - use substitution to solve the system -5x+2y=27 y=2x+11 x= y=
- math - use the substitution to solve the system -5x+24=27 y=2x+11 x= y=
- maths - use the substitution method to solve the linear system. 1. 3x=9 -x+2y=9 ...
- Algebra 1- Math - use substitution to solve the system 2x-y=-4 -3x+y=-9
- Math - Use substitution to solve the linear system. 3x+4y=27 y=x-2