Posted by ray on Friday, March 8, 2013 at 3:52pm.
A 1992 finding by researchers Dickinson et al. about the language prompts used by low-income caregivers revealed a need for training in:
A. approaches for eliciting more referential language and labels.
B. expanding question formats to obtain a child's elaborations and predictions.
C. strategies for increasing frequency of story-reading events.
D. ways of modeling reading to instill a sense of pleasure in the activity.
Would D be the most appropriate
edu - Writeacher, Friday, March 8, 2013 at 3:53pm
Have you read what Dickinson et al have written? I haven't, but if you've read it, you shouldn't have trouble answering this.
edu - ray, Friday, March 8, 2013 at 4:13pm
yes i read a little in the text
edu - ray, Friday, March 8, 2013 at 5:12pm
I would go with B
edu - bobpursley, Friday, March 8, 2013 at 6:17pm
I would go with B also, if you want the right answer.
Answer D is correct, except it has nothing to do with prompts.
C is correct, except it has nothing to do with prompts.
Answer A is nonsense, and it reads like a professor gone wild.
That leaves B. Good choice.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Early Child Ed. - Is "B" the best answer for this question? Language prompts ...
- Early Child Ed. - Would you check these questions and my answers,please? 1. ...
- Early Child Ed. - Cn you help me with this question? Which would be the best ...
- psychology - I need help in finding answers to this question: learing language ...
- Diversity - 1. Books such as The Three Little Pigs, Green Eggs & Ham or Good ...
- communications - This is homework for communications class, and I'm not sure ...
- ece - Use of referential language to personalize a shared adult-child experience...
- social services hs - I was wondering how someone could qualify for SRS services...
- Early Child Ed. - Would you please check these questions and my answers? If I am...
- language arts - The narrator plays in dark and shadowy streets; his light is ...