Posted by Hitoshi on Friday, March 8, 2013 at 10:15am.
In a parallelogram the base and height are in the ratio 5:2 if the area of parallelogram is 360 meter square, find its base and height
Mathematics - Dr. Jane, Friday, March 8, 2013 at 11:14am
Area = bh
b =5/2 h
Area = 5/2 h h
360 = 5/2 h^2
144 = h^2
12 = h
base = 30
30/12 is a 5/2 ratio of b/h
Mathematics - Reiny, Friday, March 8, 2013 at 1:53pm
let the base be 5x and the height be 2x
(5x)(2x) = 360
10x^2 = 360
x^2 = 36
x = 6
so the base is 30 and the height is 12
Mathematics - za!na, Monday, February 8, 2016 at 8:25am
yes ans ! c0rrect
Mathematics - galib, Monday, February 8, 2016 at 12:00pm
answer is correct 100%
Mathematics - Garvit Pahwa, Friday, February 3, 2017 at 9:31am
The easiest way to do it is :
Let the ratio be x
Area of a parallelogram= base × height
360m^2= 5x × 2x
360 = 10x^2
360÷10 = x^2
So, base is 5×6=30m
Height is 2 × 6= 12
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Maths - In a parallelogram the base and height are in the ratio 5:2.if the area ...
- Math - A square and a parallelogram have the same area. If a side of the square ...
- Geometry - The height of a parallelogram is 5 feet more than its base. If the ...
- Geometry - The height of a parallelogram is 10 feet more than its base. If the ...
- math - The base of a rectangle is 2cm greater than its height. Find the base and...
- SBVC - The formula for the area of a parallelogram is A = bh. The area of the ...
- math - A parallelogram has an area of 8x^2 - 2x -45. The height of the ...
- Math 115 - The area of a parallelogram is 3.36 square feet. The base is 2.8 feet...
- Pre-Algebra - 2 more problems that I'm stuck on, please help- 1.A square floor ...
- geometry - the area of a parallelogram is 507 square cm, and its height is three...