Posted by Jerald on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:42pm.
Write ten sentences about different people places or things. Begin each sentence with a compound subject. Make sure the compound subject and the verb agree.
1.My friend and I go to the park on the weekend.
2.Lance and Darren don't want to go to the party.
3.Hot Topic and Journeys are my favorite stores.
4.I don't want to wake up early, nor does Jane.
5.Lea doesn't like broccoli or carrots.
6.The computer and Xbox are fun things to use.
7.She would order chicken or beef at the restaurant.
8.I can't go swimming, nor can my brother.
9.My sister or brother can take you to school.
10.Kay and Ren have soccer practice.
- English - Mary, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:44pm
4) I think instead of nor use neither.
8) I would personally phrase it as: Neither my brother or I can go swimming.
I'm just basing these corrections off of how I would speak it (native speaker). Hope this helps. :)
- English - Mary, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:45pm
Oops I meant nor for number 8. Sorry! :/ It goes 'either, or' and 'neither, nor'.
- English - Jerald, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:56pm
Thank you, Mary :D
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:13pm
Mary is incorrect about 4. If you use "neither," you'll create a run-on. With "nor" you have a correct compound sentence.
Answer this Question
- English Help!!! Correcting Grammer - Choose the word in the following sentences...
- READING - Underline each compound subject once and each compound predicate twice...
- English - Write a sentence that matches the form provided in the description (...
- Grammer Please hurry please - Identify the words that correctly complete the ...
- identify sentences - 1. Reading is essential for becoming a savvy member of one'...
- Subject Verb agreement. - Which of the following sentences does illustrate ...
- Grammar and Composition - 1. Christina and Christopher worked together and ...
- Grammar and Composition - please check these: 1. Traveling down the road of life...
- English - Writeteacher - 6. She had a lengthy career as a WRITER and a FILMMAKER...
- English - How do you determine the correct verb in a compound subject sen.? What...