Posted by Jerald on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:39pm.
1.Rob or Fred ____ basketball after school. (plays play)
2.The teacher or the students ____ the display to visitors. (explain explains)
3.Neither Grace nor Kirk ___ the name. (remember remembers)
4.A laboratory and an office ____ on the first floor.
5.Beef and broccoli ___ a popular Chinese dish (is are)
6.The elephants and the giraffes ___ the zoo visitors (ignore ignores)
7.The angle or speed ___ every few minutes (change changes)
8. Dodie and Steve ____ clothing made of leather (dislikes dislike)
9.Oak trees and large rocks ___ the landscape (dot dots)
10.Mom or dad ___ us as we swim (watch watches)
- English - Mary, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:49pm
3) Just make sure that the noun closest to the blank matches the verb form! So here it should be plural since the noun right before the blank is 'Kirk', one person. (remembers)
5) It would be 'is'. Beef and broccoli is the name of the dish. It is easy to get confused because they are telling you about what the dish contains, or its ingredients. But a clue would be that the noun right after is 'dish' so you know the noun is singular.
- English - Jerald, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:56pm
Answer this Question
- elementary statistics - at a particular school with 200 male students, 58 play ...
- Sat prep English - Choose the word which best completes the sentence Neither the...
- math [geometry honors] - i really need help solving these problems since the ...
- English - Write the verb that agrees with the subject of each sentence below 1. ...
- spanish - Usa la forma presente de ESTAR con el participio pasado del verbo ...
- English - Words to choose from: Commemorate, complacent, consensus, deplete, ...
- math - Find the missing numbers to complete the patterns. Some are arithmetic ...
- MATH - i need help filling this out! 4x-10=32-3x 4x-10+____=32-3x+22 ____-10+...
- math - Write the first six terms of each of the sequences whose nth term is a)(-...
- Math Calculus - f(x) = (x^3+5x^2-28x-32)/(x^3-18x^2+105x-196) which can be ...