Posted by Jerald on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 7:27pm.
Circle the verb that agrees with the subject of each sentence below
1.Neither my coat nor my dresses (is are) in the suitcase.
2.Dell and Amy really (like likes) science
3.The St. Bernard and the terrier (play plays) together
4.Either the cheese or the fish (is are) bad
5.The eggs and the milk (go goes) in next
6.Neither the sheets nor the bedspread (fit fits) the bed
7.Life and Monopoly (is are) my favorite games
8.The cows or sheep (move moves) to another pasture in the afternoon
9.A salamander or snake (live lives) under the rock
10.The coaches and the managers (run runs) the teams
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 7:30pm
5, 6, 7, 8 are wrong.
- English - Jerald, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 7:44pm
I get how I got 6 and 7 wrong but I don't get 5 and 8.
Isn't milk singular so the verb has to be singular? And for number 8 isn't sheep singular so the verb has to be singular?
I thought goes and moves were singular because it ended with an s, so I picked that answer.
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 7:57pm
Eggs and milk are plural. Two subjects joined by "and" is always plural
The word, sheep, in this sentence is plural.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English Grammar - If the subjects are joined by ˇ°norˇ± or ˇ°or,ˇ± the verb ...
- English ASAP Please - Which one of the following sentences demostates correct ...
- 3 grade english - they say write a sentence about something you like about stars...
- English - Circle the verb that agrees with the subject of each sentence below 1....
- English - 1. It is neither hot nor warm. (In this sentence, what does 'nor' mean...
- Grammer - I have to identify the words in the brackets. Could you correct my ...
- Language/Grammar - Is (like) a linking verb? When used as a verb, "like" is an ...
- English grammar - He likes pears. (negative sentence) ˇć He is the third person ...
- English - Circle the words in () below that makes the subject and verb of the ...
- To Ms. Sue - Ms. hi! I would like you answer for me one question that I just ...