Posted by Cassie on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:13pm.
16. Which sentence is correct?
A. Yo no entiendo a la maestra.
*B. Yo no entiendo a este libro.
17. What would be the correct PA in Spanish? : Ellos tienen (their) libros.
18. What would be the correct PA in Spanish? : Ella tiene (her) libro.
19. What would be the correct PA in Spanish? : Nosotros tenemos (our) sillas.
20. What would be the correct PA in Spanish? : Yo tengo (my) silla.
- Spanish: check answers - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:14pm
I'll send this to SraJMcGin.
- Spanish: check answers - Cassie, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:15pm
- Spanish: check answers - SraJMcGin, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:29pm
16. The "personal a" is used before a direct object noun to indicate that it is a person, a beloved pet, something that you want to "personalize." It is NEVER translated in English and it is never used before an inanimate object. Therefore the correct answer is A, not B.
17 and 18 are correct.
19. What is the function of an adjective (including PA)? It is to have the same number (singular or plural) and gender (masculine or feminine) as the adjective(s) it modifies. Look at the noun "sillas." It is plural AND feminine. The adjective "nuestras" must be also.
20 is also correct.
Be sure to ask about anything you do not fully understand!
- Spanish: check answers - Cassie, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:25pm
Thank you very much. Does number 19 just need an "S"?
- Spanish: check answers - SraJMcGin, Friday, March 8, 2013 at 2:25am
Yes. The form "nuestro" has 4 forms: nuestro, nuestra, nuestros, nuestras, the correct answer here being nuestras.
Both vuestro and nuestro have 4 forms. The others only have singular and plural: mi, mis / tu, tus / su, sus.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish Please help - Will somebody please help? I don't know spanish that well...
- Spanish: Check my answer - 10. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the ...
- Spanish - Fill in the correct possessive adjectives. 1. su libro (his) 2. ...
- Spanish - 10. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb: ellos/salir. ...
- spanish - Is this the correct spanish prepositional pronoun in this sentence? ...
- Spanish - Can you double check if I followed the directions correctly this time ...
- Spanish - Can someone please check my work? We all have new clothes. Write ...
- spanish - Tú no necesitas estar nerviosa, porque tù conoces este material. Hacer...
- SPANISH - HOW DO i WRITE A SENTENCE IN SPANISH ABOUT MY FAMILY Do this: Start ...
- Spanish-8th grade-Totally confused - Could someone please help me-I'm totally ...