Posted by Cassie on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:13pm.
16. Which sentence is correct?
A. Yo no entiendo a la maestra.
*B. Yo no entiendo a este libro.
17. What would be the correct PA in Spanish? : Ellos tienen (their) libros.
18. What would be the correct PA in Spanish? : Ella tiene (her) libro.
19. What would be the correct PA in Spanish? : Nosotros tenemos (our) sillas.
20. What would be the correct PA in Spanish? : Yo tengo (my) silla.
- Spanish: check answers - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:14pm
I'll send this to SraJMcGin.
- Spanish: check answers - Cassie, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:15pm
- Spanish: check answers - SraJMcGin, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:29pm
16. The "personal a" is used before a direct object noun to indicate that it is a person, a beloved pet, something that you want to "personalize." It is NEVER translated in English and it is never used before an inanimate object. Therefore the correct answer is A, not B.
17 and 18 are correct.
19. What is the function of an adjective (including PA)? It is to have the same number (singular or plural) and gender (masculine or feminine) as the adjective(s) it modifies. Look at the noun "sillas." It is plural AND feminine. The adjective "nuestras" must be also.
20 is also correct.
Be sure to ask about anything you do not fully understand!
- Spanish: check answers - Cassie, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:25pm
Thank you very much. Does number 19 just need an "S"?
- Spanish: check answers - SraJMcGin, Friday, March 8, 2013 at 2:25am
Yes. The form "nuestro" has 4 forms: nuestro, nuestra, nuestros, nuestras, the correct answer here being nuestras.
Both vuestro and nuestro have 4 forms. The others only have singular and plural: mi, mis / tu, tus / su, sus.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish-8th grade-Totally confused - Could someone please help me-I'm totally ...
- Spanish Please help - Will somebody please help? I don't know spanish that well...
- Spanish - Fill in the correct possessive adjectives. 1. su libro (his) 2. ...
- Spanish please help - Will somebody please help. Thank You so much. 19. Say that...
- Spanish: Check my answer - 10. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the ...
- Spanish - Is this written correctly? Afortunadamente, en nuestra ciudad hay ...
- spanish III - check? I was unsure how to do this part... I still put the answers...
- Spanish - Answer the questions i complete sentences using "a+pronoun" modelo: ¿...
- Spanish - Can you double check if I followed the directions correctly this time ...
- Spanish - I need help with a few Spanish questions. These are the instructions. ...