Posted by sw on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 5:22pm.
two systems of equations are giving below for each system choosethe best description of its solution if applicable give solution
choose which one this problem fit in
1)the system has no solution
2) the system has a unique solution (x,y)=
or the system has a infinitely many solutions they must satisfy the following equation: y=
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 5:27pm
x = 8 - 4y
8 - 4y - 4y = -8
-8y = -16
y = 2
-x -8 = -8
math - Dr. Jane, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 5:49pm
for some reason when I am adding the two equations, I am getting 0 = 0. This is a true statement which means that there is an infinite number of solutions. Any x,y pair that works in one will work in the other.
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:05pm
You're right, Dr. Jane. I hadn't intended to post my answer -- but I guess my finger slipped.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - two systems of equations are given below for each system, choose the best...
- math - How do you solve system of equations and tell if they're consistant and ...
- Grade 10 Math - Write an equation that forms a system of equations with x + y = ...
- math help pls pls - Two systems of equations are shown below: System A 6x + y...
- Math - system of equations - write two other equations that have the same ...
- alegebra - Solve the system of equations by graphing. Then classift the system ...
- math 20 system of equations - I have been solving system of equations ...
- algebra - Which of the following ordered pairs is included in the solution set ...
- pre calculus - Create systems of equations in two variables that have (a) no ...
- Intermediate Algebra - Solve the following system of equations. x+4y=5 x=6-4y ...