Posted by Cassie on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 4:25pm.
Why was the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 necessary?
A.The legislation setting immigration policy had expired.
B.Too many immigrants were coming to the United States each year.
C.Existing American immigration policies were discriminatory.
D.The United States did not have enough workers to support industry.
I think it is B or D....leaning towards D....?
- Soc Stud - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 4:27pm
- Soc Stud - Cassie, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 4:37pm
Well to many immigrants were coming to the U.S. and our policies changed to be more discriminatory.
So how do I pick one
- Soc Stud - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 4:39pm
Read the Wikipedia article and your text carefully. The answer is obvious.
DO NOT GUESS!
- Soc Stud - Cassie, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 4:49pm
I don't mean to ....I really think it is B. From the article it states how many immigrants were coming over (ALOT) and we started picking who could and couldn't come into the U.S. So I don't feel it is a guess to say in a way that they are both right.
- Soc Stud - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 4:55pm
It is not B.
- Soc Stud - Cassie, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 5:08pm
Ms. Sue between the article and my book they both make statements about B and C ...what makes C more right than B? I know they talk about discriminatory ways but you have to admit that they talk alot about way too many immigrants coming over also...right? But I get that the answer is C...
- Soc Stud - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 5:24pm
The legislation got rid of the national preferences for Europeans. It gave Asians, Africans, and South Americans better chances of immigrating to the States.
- Soc Stud - q, Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 3:18pm
so its c
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- eth- please revise - Should United States government policy favor certain kinds...
- history - what happened to national attitudes and government policy to cause ...
- COM 220 - I am needing to write an outline on Immigration in the United States. ...
- eth- please revise - Immigration policy in the United States deals with people ...
- spell - Illegal immigrants should be allowed into America. An illegal immigrant ...
- spell - Should Illegal Immigrants Be Allowed Into The U.S? Illegal immigrants ...
- history project - I need to know these questions What is Immigration? Why did ...
- HiSTORY ....helpppppp - One unintended consequence of the immigration ...
- Immigration - Who were the Canadian immigrants? Why did these people immigrate ...
- American History - How did isolationist beliefs affect immigration policy during...