Posted by bria on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:52am.
- math - Dr. Jane, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:15am
Do you mean..
(2x^2 +7x+3)/(x^2 -2x -15)
You have to factor the numerator and the denominator and remove the common factors.
Can you factor these or do you need help?
- math - bria, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:25am
- math - PsyDAG, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 11:05am
[(2x+1)(x+3)]/[(x-5)(x+3)} = ?
- math - Dr. Jane, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 11:51am
Do you understand how you actually factor?
There is the guess method where you
would begin with:
(x- ) (x + )
I know that I need x in the front because x times x = x^2
I know that I need a plus and minus sign because 15 is negative and I will need to mulitply a + and a - number to get -15
Next, I have to think of two numbers that multiply to equal 15 and add to be -2 for the -2x portion.
It gets more complicated with 2x^2.. but it works basically the same way by guessing.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I'm worried about my math. 1. Why don't you buy a math self- teaching ...
- Math...For All Math Tutors - I would like to know how many of the people ...
- math - all i can say is math stinx dont mess with math. without math, a lot of ...
- math - What is temperature when you do math. In seventh grade math is hard and I...
- math - I just do not understand how to figure this out. Find the number of ...
- LNU - math In a class of 50 students it was found 21 are taking English 14 are ...
- English Grammar - A: What time is your math/Math class? B: At eleven forty-five...
- Math - Is IB Math Studies the same as Pre-Calculus? I heard that IB Math Studies...
- 3rd grade Math - Actual question on homework."EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN BREAK APART ...
- math math math math - a. what is the general term of the following series? 60/...