Posted by Calvin on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:22am.
4. Which one of the following poems depends heavily on the use of allusion for effect?
A. "Death, Be Not Proud"
C. "Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night"
D. "God's Grandeur"
5. The theme of the poem "Richard Cory" is that
A. money can't buy love.
B. Richard Cory was a victim of fate.
C. a person's inner reality is often hidden.
D. surface glitter may be fool's gold.
7. In her poem, "The New Colossus," Emma Lazarus identifies the Statue of Liberty with
A. Old World tyranny.
B. the Colossus of Rhodes.
D. a mother.
9. In "Death, Be Not Proud," what two things does Donne say give pleasure?
A. God and salvation
B. Nature and travel
C. Life and death
D. Rest and sleep
11. The form of the poem "God's Grandeur" is that of
A. an Italian sonnet.
B. an English sonnet.
C. blank verse.
D. a villanelle.
14. Beyond tone, a poet's attitude toward his or her subject reveals to us a poem's
17. What type of poem is "Death, Be Not Proud"?
20. Consider the line "(the soil)/ Is bare now, nor can feet feel, being shod."
By analysis, we deduce that Hopkins means people are out of touch with God because they're
A. moving to cities.
B. out of touch with the earth.
C. too concerned with property.
D. depending on worthless machinery.
I Need Help THE bOOK IS NOT TELLING ME NOTHING
Answer this Question
English Poetry - What are the similarities and differences of the poems ...
English - Read the dialogue. Then rewrite the dialogue on the lines. Add ...
Poetry - I’m not really good at reading poems and I need help on these two poems...
English I Part II College Prep Program - Give two examples of each of the ...
English - So for English we're doing poetry. With a partner we both wrote our ...
English 1 - give two examples of each of the following elements of poetry from ...
poetry - Which one of the following is NOT necessarily an element of good poetry...
English - I need help to error free assignment. Sappho born 630 B.C. in Lesbo. ...
Poetry - Which of the following poems is an English sonnet a)The Red Wheelbarrow...
poetry - In this unit, you read William Wordsworth’s poems “Lines Composed a Few...