Posted by Calvin on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:22am.
4. Which one of the following poems depends heavily on the use of allusion for effect?
A. "Death, Be Not Proud"
C. "Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night"
D. "God's Grandeur"
5. The theme of the poem "Richard Cory" is that
A. money can't buy love.
B. Richard Cory was a victim of fate.
C. a person's inner reality is often hidden.
D. surface glitter may be fool's gold.
7. In her poem, "The New Colossus," Emma Lazarus identifies the Statue of Liberty with
A. Old World tyranny.
B. the Colossus of Rhodes.
D. a mother.
9. In "Death, Be Not Proud," what two things does Donne say give pleasure?
A. God and salvation
B. Nature and travel
C. Life and death
D. Rest and sleep
11. The form of the poem "God's Grandeur" is that of
A. an Italian sonnet.
B. an English sonnet.
C. blank verse.
D. a villanelle.
14. Beyond tone, a poet's attitude toward his or her subject reveals to us a poem's
17. What type of poem is "Death, Be Not Proud"?
20. Consider the line "(the soil)/ Is bare now, nor can feet feel, being shod."
By analysis, we deduce that Hopkins means people are out of touch with God because they're
A. moving to cities.
B. out of touch with the earth.
C. too concerned with property.
D. depending on worthless machinery.
I Need Help THE bOOK IS NOT TELLING ME NOTHING
Answer this Question
poetry - Which one of the following is NOT necessarily an element of good poetry...
Poetry - Can you tell me one word that would sum up or define the following ...
Poetry, Part 2 - One difference between English sonnet and the Italian sonnet is...
Poetry - how to write poetry? I have a poem, but how do i get it on paper, typed...
Poetry - Im working on poetry at school and I'm suppose to make a limerick. The ...
poetry - no one is replying to my post on editing my sonnet. please i need help...
poetry - i have to write a poem on what i feel poetry is or how i feel about ...
Poetry Part 2 - What is a Villanelle?
Literature POETRY, PART 1 - Which one of the following lines best illustrates ...
literature: poetry,part 1 - Which one of the following lines best illustrates ...