Posted by AwesomeGuy on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 12:50am.
Find the inverse of the following quadratic equation. Hint: Complete the square first.
- Pre-Calculus - Reiny, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:52am
y = 2(x^2 + 8x +16-16) - 5
= 2( (x+4)^2 - 16) - 5
y = 2(x+4)^2 - 37
then the inverse is
x = 2(y+4)^2 - 37
- Pre-Calculus - Steve, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 11:26am
so, does f(f-1(x)) = x?
- Pre-Calculus - Ange, Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 7:28pm
can someone please help me A
ladder leans against the side of a house. The bottom of the ladder is
away from the side of the house. Find
, the angle of elevation of the ladder. Round your answer to the nearest tenth of a degree.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calculus - Find the inverse of the following quadratic equation. Hint: ...
- Pre Calculus - Find the roots of the function g(x)=x^3 +16x a)0,4i, -4i b)0,-4,-...
- College Math - For questions 1-2, apply the quadratic formula to find the roots...
- math-algebra 2 - What are the solutions of the quadratic equation? 2x2 – 16x + ...
- Math - I need to find the inverse function of f(x)=sqrt(x^2+2x), where x>o ...
- Pre Algebra - Please help me with some problems. Thank you! Solve the equation ...
- Pre-calculus - Given the following values for f(t): t : f(t) 3 : -7 6 : 6 9 : 19...
- Pre-Calculus - Help please If f(x)=8x and g(x)=2x+1 find (fog)(x) 16x^2+8x 16x+1...
- Pre-Calculus/Calculus - I am too embarassed to ask this Calculus (really pre-...
- Algebra - Which of the following statements is true? A. Any quadratic equation ...