Posted by Matthew on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 10:26pm.
Please help check my answers I really want to make a 100%!
1. A mechanical wave moves through a medium, which can be (1 point)
A. a liquid.
B. a solid.
C. a gas.
D. all of the above <-- This one
2. Which type of kind of wave causes the medium to vibrate only in a direction parallel to the wave’s motion? (1 point)
A. a transverse wave
B. a surface wave
C. a longitudinal wave <-- This one
D. none of the above
3. A disturbance sends ripples across water in a tub. These ripples are an example of a (1 point)
B. longitudinal wave.
D. surface wave. <-- This one
4. Sound is an example of what kind of wave? (1 point)
A. transverse wave
B. longitudinal wave
C. surface wave
D. wavelength <-- This one
5. Waves carry __________ from one place to another. (1 point)
B. crests <-- This one or A not sure
Thank you so much!!
Please help check physical science! - Steve, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:19am
4: eh? how can a wave be a wavelength?
crests don't actually go anywhere. The medium moves back and forth, causing crests and troughs.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- help on a question - I needed help on a physical science question. When the ...
- Physical Science - Here are a few questions that I have answered; can someone ...
- Physical Science - 1. To what is amplitude related? B. the maximum displacement ...
- Physical Science - 1. A wave has a wavelength of 10 mm and a frequency of 5.0 ...
- chemistry - As the temperature of a gaseous substance is decreased at constant ...
- Physical Science Please Check Answers? - I have difficulties understanding ...
- science - Please check these! Physical or Chemical properties? 1. solubility = ...
- chem - HOw much energy is required to heat 36.0g H2O from a liquid at 65C to a ...
- Science - Please Check my Work:pls check my work asap! 1. A ___ has a definite ...
- Physics - sound wave of frequency 166 Hz travels with a speed 332 ms−1 ...