Posted by Matthew on .
Please help check my answers I really want to make a 100%!
1. A mechanical wave moves through a medium, which can be (1 point)
A. a liquid.
B. a solid.
C. a gas.
D. all of the above <-- This one
2. Which type of kind of wave causes the medium to vibrate only in a direction parallel to the wave’s motion? (1 point)
A. a transverse wave
B. a surface wave
C. a longitudinal wave <-- This one
D. none of the above
3. A disturbance sends ripples across water in a tub. These ripples are an example of a (1 point)
B. longitudinal wave.
D. surface wave. <-- This one
4. Sound is an example of what kind of wave? (1 point)
A. transverse wave
B. longitudinal wave
C. surface wave
D. wavelength <-- This one
5. Waves carry __________ from one place to another. (1 point)
B. crests <-- This one or A not sure
Thank you so much!!
Please help check physical science! -
4: eh? how can a wave be a wavelength?
crests don't actually go anywhere. The medium moves back and forth, causing crests and troughs.