posted by vikki on .
According to Jean Piaget, in what is all learning based?
A. Sensorimotor learning
B. Preoperational learning
C. Concrete operational learning
D. Formal operational learning
2. Which of the following questions is a thinker/doer most likely to ask?
D. What if?
3. Which of the following techniques to arouse curiosity would work best with junior high students?
A. Set up a curiosity corner.
B. Use a "feelie" box.
C. Use a teaser to introduce the topic.
D. Set up a discovery learning center.
4. Which of the following is an essential ingredient of academic self-esteem?
A. Acceptance by teachers and teacher aides
B. Meeting deficiency and growth needs
C. Individual assignments requiring problem solving
D. A school without grades
5. What is the primary learning modality of a child who learns best by looking at books and pictures?
6. According to the inquiry model of learning, which of the following is an example of an internal reward for students?
A. Sense of accomplishment
B. High grades
D. Recognition and success
7. According to Carl Jung, what are the two main ways that people process information?
A. Thinking and observing
B. Observing and doing
C. Doing and thinking
D. Thinking and sensing
8. What do constructivist educators believe about the learning process?
A. Learning is a response to a stimulus.
B. Learning is centered on the student and the student's motivation.
C. Learning is a process of building on what the student already knows.
D. Learning is the result of observing and imitating others.
9. What is a learning modality?
A. A learning style
B. One of the senses
C. A formal operation
D. Doing and observing
10. Which of the following is a characteristic of pre-operational thinking?
A. The ability to think logically
B. The ability to perform abstract math problems
C. The need to see, hear, or touch something concrete
D. The need to make the lessons relevant to their own life
11. Which of the following statements about learning is true?
A. The way children learn best is by working alone and in quiet.
B. The way children learn best is in cooperative learning groups.
C. The way children learn best is in one-on-one situations with a teacher or teacher aide.
D. The way children learn best varies from child to child.
12. Which of the following is an example of successive approximation?
A. Giving positive reinforcement when a student completes an assignment correctly.
B. Giving positive reinforcement when a student comes close to what you wanted.
C. Giving negative reinforcement when a student doesn't finish an assignment on time.
D. Giving negative reinforcement for each mistake a student makes.
13. Which of the following is an example of a constructivist model that's based on Piaget's stages of development?
C. Bank Street
D. Head Start
14. According to Carl Jung, what are the two main ways that people perceive information?
A. Thinking and sensing
B. Sensing and doing
C. Thinking and doing
D. Sensing and observing
15. A child who has difficulty repeating a song or following verbal directions may have a difficulty with which learning modality?
16. Which of the following techniques will help to meet the student's need for autonomy?
A. Give them clear directions.
B. Show them a model of exactly what they're to do.
C. Give them choices.
D. Give them deadlines.
17. According to inquirists, what is the biggest factor affecting whether or not students learn?
A. Family background
B. Positive reinforcement
D. Lesson structure
18. Which of the following is a characteristic of concrete operational thinking?
A. The ability to sort items by one characteristic only
B. The ability to understand conservation of matter
C. The ability to formulate hypotheses or guesses
D. The ability to have complex abstract thought
19. Which of the following jobs of the teacher aide comes closest to the philosophy of the social learning model?
A. Teaching a lesson
B. Monitoring a small group
C. Acting as a role model
D. Supervising on the playground
20. What kind of responses do behaviorists look for in their students?
This doesn't look like English. It appears to be some befuddled student trying to cheat on a test.
... and I certainly hope you're not studying (??) for a career in teaching or any other career that involves children or students. We don't need any more sub-standard teachers in our country.