Posted by Jerald on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7:24pm.
For each sentence below write the verb that agrees with the subject.
1.Plants ___ thickets along the edges of tropical forests.(grow grows)
2.The tropical forest____ warm and humid.(remain remains)
3.The trees____ year round (grow grows)
4.The branches____ over one hundred feet (reaches reach)
5.This level ___ called the canopy (is are)
6.Orchids ____from the branches of trees (hang hangs) hang
7.Some forest animals ___through the air from branch to branch (glides glide)
8.A gibbon ____through the treetops (Swing swings)
9.Many insects ____on rotting jungle wood.(live lives)
10.Birds ____ around these forests during the day (flies fly)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. Plants grow in earth. 2. Plants grow on earth. 3. Plants grow in ...
- english - identify the sentence that contains a verb phrase 1-2 a. african ...
- science - Jamie sketched the following picture of the landscape he saw while he ...
- English - People grow one year older every New Year's Day by eating rice cakes...
- Geography - I have to write a short essay for this topic: Describe the various ...
- Biology help please! - Okay for this i have to pick a hypothesis and prediction...
- grammar check - thanks for helping me out.is this a verb or verb pharse. some ...
- English - Can you identify the sentence that contains a verb phrase? a) African ...
- english - identify the sentence that contains a verb phrase 1-3 a. african ...
- English - 1. You can grow several centimeters in a short time. 2. You can grow ...