Posted by Jerald on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7:12pm.
Circle the words in () below that makes the subject and verb of the sentence agree
1.The cake (mix mixes) looks too thing
2.Your dog (bark barks) at night
3.Milt(like likes) the high jump
4.Our (forest forests) provide a home for many creatures
5.Usually, his movies (get gets) good reviews
6.Dachshunds (stand stands) low to the ground
7.(He They) acts like a clown too often
8.Our neighbor often (borrow borrows) tools from us
9.The fresh (cake cakes) taste delicious
10.They (meet meets) twice a month
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7:14pm
I agree with all your answers except #9.
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7:14pm
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7:17pm
Oops -- Writeacher is right.
- English - Jerald, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7:18pm
Is tastes the verb?
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7:20pm
The fresh cake tastes ...
The fresh cakes taste ...
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 7:20pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Give 3 other ways to say Some dogs bark No dogs bark All dogs bark Not...
- math- Patterns... i tried it many times..HELP!!!! - 1) The number times a dog ...
- Applied Dog Behavior - please check my answer thanks Instinctive drift may ...
- animals - A stray dog used to bark at the locals in the street. However each ...
- English - I would like for someone to check my sentences. Cross out any ...
- grammar - Miss, give me that cake. In this sentence, is the subject "you" since ...
- English - 5. Identify the simple subject in the sentence "There are too many ...
- Geometry - Identify the hypothesis and conclusion of the if-then statement. If ...
- L.A - In each sentence, if the italicized verb does not agree with the subject, ...
- critical thinking - Which of the following is not a primary sentence pattern for...