Posted by Jerald on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:31pm.
The Wilson family is at it again.. they are installing new carpet for their home. Their rectangular shaped living room is 25 feet long and 18 feet wide. THeir rectangular shaped game room is 4 feet shorter in both length and width of their living room. What is the area of the Wilson's family game room?
This circle has a radius of 8 What is the area of this circle?
Which formula is the best choice for calculating the perimeter of a rectangle?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:41pm
Your first answer is correct.
None of my answers match your choices in the second problem.
Your third answer is wrong.
- Math - Jerald, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:44pm
Pi only means 3 for us. Not any of the other numbers if that helps.
- Math - Jerald, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:45pm
Because I thought the formula for an area of a circle is π(r)^2
- Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:55pm
OK. If you're using 3 for pi, then your answer is right. Most people use 3.14 for pi.
Answer this Question
- Math - Roger wants to carpet a rectangular room with the length of 8 ¾ feet and ...
- math - jim wants to place carpet in his living room.the dimensions of his living...
- Math - Mr. Frank is shopping for carpet for his living room and dining room. The...
- Is this an area question? - Dory wants to lay down carpet in ta room of her ...
- Algebra - Lisa is cutting carpet for a rectangular room. The area of the room ...
- Math - You need to put carpet in a rectangular room that measures 12 feet by 17 ...
- math - A school is soundproofing a band room with insulating tiles. The room is ...
- math - A rectangular room is 20 feet long and 10 feet wide. If you paint a red ...
- math - a rectangular room is 42ft wide by 69 feet long. On a blueprint, the room...
- Math - A hole shaped like a rectangular prism is 3 feet wide, 5 feet long, and 3...