Posted by Jerald on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:31pm.
The Wilson family is at it again.. they are installing new carpet for their home. Their rectangular shaped living room is 25 feet long and 18 feet wide. THeir rectangular shaped game room is 4 feet shorter in both length and width of their living room. What is the area of the Wilson's family game room?
This circle has a radius of 8 What is the area of this circle?
Which formula is the best choice for calculating the perimeter of a rectangle?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:41pm
Your first answer is correct.
None of my answers match your choices in the second problem.
Your third answer is wrong.
- Math - Jerald, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:44pm
Pi only means 3 for us. Not any of the other numbers if that helps.
- Math - Jerald, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:45pm
Because I thought the formula for an area of a circle is π(r)^2
- Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:55pm
OK. If you're using 3 for pi, then your answer is right. Most people use 3.14 for pi.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - . A respondent tells you she just bought living room carpet which is 20 ...
- Math - Roger wants to carpet a rectangular room with the length of 8 ¾ feet and ...
- math - jim wants to place carpet in his living room.the dimensions of his living...
- Math - Mr. Frank is shopping for carpet for his living room and dining room. The...
- math - A school is soundproofing a band room with insulating tiles. The room is ...
- math - tyson charges $20 per square foot of rug for a basic design. a client ...
- Math - A throw rug is 8 feet long and 4 feet wide it is a rectangular room with ...
- math - Ashley bought a circular rug for her room. the rug has a diameter of 9 ...
- Is this an area question? - Dory wants to lay down carpet in ta room of her ...
- Math - For a math homework assignment, Karla found the area and perimeter of a ...