Posted by Heleny on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 9:00am.
A man is currently 4 times as old as his son. In 4 yrs from now hell be 3 times as old as his son will be then. How old is his son now??
Math - Dr. Jane, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 9:08am
Can you get this started based on the help you got a little while ago?
Let m = man
Let s = son
Currently: give me the equation
four years from now: give me the equation.
Math - Heleny, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 9:10am
Okay : Currently man is : 4s
Son : s
4 yrs froom now:
Math - Dr. Jane, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 9:22am
You are correct with the m = 4s
for years from now the man will be m+4
and the son will be s +4
Now, what is their age relationship.
The man will be 3 times older than his son.
m + 4 = 3(s+4)
use that equation and m = 4s
to find their ages.
You have to read carefully and look for key words. For example, 3 times means to multiply by 3.
Four years from now means you have to add 4 years to their age.
If it said 4 years ago then you would subtract.
Math - Heleny, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 9:26am
Thanks alot :) that helpe me alot
Math - alj, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 11:10am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 6th grade math - a man is now three times as old as his son and was 30 when his ...
- Math - I cant figure this out! Can someone please tell me were my mistake is...
- maths - a man is 24 yrs older than his son.after 10 yrs he wili be 3 times as ...
- Algebra (Age Problem) - A man is 6 times as old as his son. In 4 years he will ...
- math - When a woman is as old as her father is now, she will be five times as ...
- math - A father is now three times as old as his son, twelve years ago he was ...
- Math - A MAN is now 3 times as old as his son. In 10 years time, the sum of ...
- Kathie - In four years' time, a father will be three times as old as his son. ...
- algebra - in four years's time a father will be three times as old as his son. ...
- math - Dr. Escalera is now three times as old as his son. Twelve years from now...