Posted by Heleny on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 8:31am.
At present a woman is twice as old as her daughhter, twenty one years ago she was 3 times older than her daughter
Hint: ket x be the daughters current age
Math - Jai, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 8:35am
First we represent the unknowns:
Let x = daughter's present age
Let 2x = mother's present age
According to the problem, 20 years ago, the mother was three times older than her daughter. Thus,
2x - 20 = 3(x - 20)
Solving for x,
2x - 20 = 3x - 60
2x - 3x = -60 + 20
-x = -40
x = 40 years old (daughter, present age)
2x = 80 years old (mother, present age)
hope this helps~ :)
Math - Heleny, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 8:54am
thankss alot :D
Math - Heleny, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 8:55am
Actually it was 21 years ago...
Math - Heleny, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 8:56am
But i get it thanks :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The present age of a woman is 30years older than her daughter. 15years ...
- math - A. John is now 10 years older than Marcus. Three times John's age 5 years...
- math - A. A woman was 30 years old when her daughter was born.Her age is now 6 ...
- math - a woman is four times older than her daughter five years ago the product ...
- maths - a woman is four times older than her daughter five years ago the product...
- math - 10 years ago simrans mother was 4 times older than her daughter . after ...
- Math - a mother is twice as old her daughter.she was six times her age twenty ...
- math - A. Brad is 12 years older than Sam . If Brad were 8 years older than he ...
- Maths - A woman is 3 times as old as her daughter.six years ago,the sum of their...
- Algebra - A man has a daughter and son. The son is three times older than the ...