Posted by shirley on Monday, March 4, 2013 at 10:38pm.
1.which of the following sentences is accurate in terms of the words it uses?
a. there is alarge amount of people at the convention.
b. we have to decide between the four options available to us.
c.fewer people will attend the conference this year because of the higher costs.
d.the speech had a profound affect on the audience.
2. which of the following usues passive voice appropriately?
a. your order was shipped yesterday and should arrive by friday.
b.the shipping clerk sent your order yesterday and it should arrive by friday.
c.the decision was made after much debate and deliberation.
d.an announcement about the company takeover will be made by the president later today.
3.which statement correctly identifies the main benefit of writing a paragraph using the deductive order strategy?
a. you can present any kind of the evidence you wish to use.
b. the reader knows from the outset what your main point is so he or she is prepared to receive the evidence you provide to back up your idea.
c. it is an effective technique if you want to entice the reader into reading more.
d.thwe topic sentence acts as the concluding sentence.
business english - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 4, 2013 at 10:41pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
business english - shirley, Monday, March 4, 2013 at 10:45pm
business english - shirley, Monday, March 4, 2013 at 10:53pm
is it all correct?
business english - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 4, 2013 at 11:02pm
1 (17) is not b.
The other two are correct -- if I've figured out your numbering. Did you post the last question?
business english - shirley, Monday, March 4, 2013 at 11:22pm
sorry for my numbering..i did not post the last question..here is...
which of the following is not an example of parallel structure?
a. yoga can help you develop flexibility, reduce stress, and increase relaxation.
b. learn how to analyze business audience, im[prove your style, and edit thoroughly.
c. you are all encouraged to come and share ideas, express concerns, and ask questions.
d.you can pay by credit card, check, ot just fill out a payroll deduction card.
...my answer is d- is it correct
business english - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 12:04pm
Yes, D is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Business Communication - Which of the following is ACCURATE in terms of the ...
- business English - 16. Which of the following would be the best revision of ...
- business english - 16. Which of the following would be the best revision of ...
- Evironmental science - Over a billion people in developing nations live in ...
- Business Communication 1 - 11. If an audience is opposed to what you have to say...
- environmental science - A local reporter has called you for help with an article...
- history - Which of the following conditions during the industrial revolution ...
- History - Which of the following is NOT something a geographer can explain to a...
- math - one third of the people in a convention room are seated in three-fourths ...
- english help please!! - n no fewer than three sentences, critique the following ...