Posted by Phoebe on Monday, March 4, 2013 at 5:27pm.
The answer to this should be 201.7, but I keep getting off track.
300=70+(375-70) e^ -k*10
ln 230=ln 305 e^-10*k
ln 230= ln 305 -10*k
more of the same - Steve, Monday, March 4, 2013 at 5:39pm
yes, you do get off track.
Line 3 should be
(because ln ab = ln a + ln b)
ln 230=ln 305 + ln( e^-10*k)
ln 230 - ln 305 = -10k
because ln(e^x) = x
now go from there.
In fact, I'd have divided first:
230/305 = e^-10k
more of the same - Steve, Monday, March 4, 2013 at 5:42pm
201.7? I get nothing like that
.75 = e^-10k
-10k = -.287
k = .0287
There must be something wrong with the way you wrote the problem.
I mean e^(-10*201.7) = a very very very tiny number. Some missing parentheses?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- lıfe scıence - Gıve another name for dıetary fıbre and ...
- mathematıcal lıteracy - If a 1lıtre can of paınt ıs ...
- lıfe scıence - Why ıs ıt healthıer to use skım m...
- Physıcs - A tennıs ball travel wıth ınıtıal veloc...
- lıfe scıence - A hungry teenager has three servıngs of cereal and...
- lıfe scıences - Gıve two reasons why sodıum ıs ı...
- scıence - If a stone ıs put ınto a liquid wıth a density of ...
- lıfe scıence - How much proteın ıs found ın 100 ml of ...
- lıfe scıence - Does skım mılk contaın dıetary f...
- social studies(history) - 1 – Tanzimat ile Meşrutiyet yönetimlerinin Osmanl...