Posted by Sabrina on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 6:42pm.
A 45 year-old female has thyroid disease. Because specific prosperities of the thyroid gland classify it as an endocrine organ, you conclude that this disease is an endocrine disease. Which answer below best describes the properties that classify the thyroid as an endocrine gland?
A.The thyroid secretes hormone into the lymph, is a ductless organ, and its function affects target cells.
B.The thyroid secretes neurotransmitters into the blood, has secretory ducts, and its function effects target cells.
C.The thyroid secretes hormone into the blood, has secretory ducts, and its function affects targets cells.
D.The thyroid secretes neurotransmitters into the lymph, is a ductless organ, and it regulates its own functions.
My answer: C
2.Which answer below best describes your blood?
A.It is a supportive connective tissue consisting of 45% lymph and 55% plasma.
B.It is a fluid connective tissue consisting of 5% lymph and 95% plasma.
C.It is a supportive connective consisting of 45% formed elements and 55% plasma
D.It is a fluid connective tissue consisting of 45% formed elements and 55% plasma
My answer: C
3. A 65-year old male is diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. This diagnosis means that the blood pressure in the pulmonary circulation is high. His other blood pressure (systemic) is normal. This diagnosis might indicate that the blood pressure could be elevated in the.
C. Hepatic-portal system
My answer: D
4. The normal heartbeat is precisely regulated by the electrical impulses generates from the heart’s conducting cells. The precision of these electrical impulses ensures that blood flows through the heart in the right direction, at the proper time. Which answer below accurately describes the proper sequence of the electrical impulses and the proper direction of blood flow through the heart?
A. Blood enters the left atrium from the inferior vena cava; the sinoatrial (SA) node “fires” causing left atrial contraction; blood flows into the right ventricle; the atrioventricular (AV) node fires causing right ventricular contraction blood is then
B. Blood enters the right atrium from the inferior vena cava; the SA node ‘fires’ causing contraction of the right ventricle, blood is then pushed into the left atrium; the AV node ‘fires’ causing contraction of the left atrium; blood flows into the left
C. Blood simultaneously enters the right atrium from the inferior vena cava, and the left atrium from the pulmonary veins; the SA node ‘fires’ causing simultaneous contraction of both atria blood flow into the right
E.Blood simultaneously enters the right atrium from the inferior vena cava; and the left atrium from the aorta; the AV node ‘fires’ causing simultaneous atrial contraction blood enters the right and left ventricles simultaneously; the SA node
My answer: B
A 31 year old female contracted HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) 10 years ago and is now developing signs of AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) ordinarily harmless infections are deadly to her. Which answer below best explains how her antibody response (B cell immunity) became weakened even though HIV primarily infects cells involved in T cell immunity?
A.HIV destroys cytotoxic T cells, and cytotoxic T cells play a central role in stimulating antibody production.
B.HIV causes malfunction of memory T cells and memory T cells stimulate B cells to produce autoantibodies.
C.HIV destroys helper T cells, and helper T cells play a central role in stimulating antibody production
D.HIV cause malfunction of cytotoxic T cell and cytotoxic T cells suppress B cell immunity.
My answer: B
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Health and Physical Education - 1. When you wake up and a large pimple greets ...
- Health - When you wake up and a large pimple greets you when you look into the ...
- health - True or false the endocrine system only regulates long-term changes in ...
- Health - True or false: The endocrine system only regulates long term changes in...
- disease - Which Endocrine Gland is Involved, or responsible for the conditions ...
- Anatomy and Physiology - Movement of bones in the skeletal system is made easier...
- Health Care Man. - Which answer below includes the major glands ofo the ...
- anatomy and physiology - a 73 year old woman suffers a severe cerebral ...
- Anatomy and Physiology - a 73 year old woman suffers a severe cerebral ...
- science - 3. The membranous coverings that protect the b B. meninges. D. gyri. 4...