Posted by Courtney on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 8:45am.
After one month at a new job you decide to save $50. Each month you plan to increase your savings by five dollars.
a.)Write an explicit formula to model the amount you will save each month.
b.)How much will you save in the seventh month?
Algebra - bobpursley, Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 8:47am
Algebra - Courtney, Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 10:38am
Algebra - Dr. Jane, Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 11:11am
50 plus 5 times 7
I you add 5 extra dollars each month for 7 months that would be $35 extra.
Also, watch your order of operations. Bob showed you 50 plus 5 x time.
You always do the multiplication first then the addition.
Algebra - Courtney, Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 11:50am
Oh! So it'll be:
Will save 85 dollars after the seventh month. Thanks.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - After one month at a new job you decide to save $50. Each month you ...
- economics - After getting her first job, a college graduate wants to begin ...
- Math - Tuition for one year at a state university is about $13,000. Devon would ...
- Algebra 2 - The deposits Ginny makes at her bank each month form an arithmetic ...
- Algebra - You earn $250 per month from your part-time job. You are in a kayaking...
- Algebra - Monthly Budget: You earn $250 per month from your part-time job. You ...
- Algebra - Tanisha is saving money to visit her cousin who lives in Mexico City. ...
- programming - Peter decided to save money to buy a house. Enter this amount as ...
- Algebra - invest $ 3000 and save $100 each month. Write a rule to represent the ...
- Math - Grade 5 - After saving 4/5 of his salary every month, Zacky has $150 left...