Posted by anonymous on Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 2:11pm.
4. Given the irrational number .14147…. choose an inequality which approximates to the 4th decimal place.
a) .14 < x <.15
b) .141 < x < .142
c) .1413 < x < .1414
d) .1414 < x <.1415
6. Choose an inequality to match this description: The height E of Mount Everest, is greater than the height R of Mount Rainier. Mount Rainier is higher than Mount Fuji, F.
a) E < R < F
b) F < R < E
c) E > R > F
d) Both (b) and (c
If x < 0 and y > 0, then it is always true that _______.
a) xy is a negative number
b) x + y is a negative number
c) xy is a positive number
d) x + y is a positive number
If a < 0 and x < y, then it is always true that ________.
a) multiplying x and y by a reverses the inequality
b) y – x > a
c) y > a
d) Both (a) and (b)
If b > 0 and x > b - y, then it is always true that ________.
a) 0 is not an element of b
b) b > y
c) x + y > 0
d) Both (b) and (c)
- algebra 1 - Ananya, Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 2:25pm
- algebra 1 - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 12:12pm
Number 6 id D
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Choose the best description for the real number 34/5 Irrational, because ...
- Math - What are irrational, rational, and natural numbers? A rational number is ...
- algebra - true or false 1. fraction cant be written as decimal. 2. natural ...
- Math - I dont understand how u can get 3454 from mutiplying 1,100(3.14) When i ...
- Algebra - If a number is not a rational number then it is a? 1.an integer 2.an ...
- Math - Which statement is correct? A. All intergers are rational numbers. B. All...
- math - What is the best sequence of names to identify this set of numbers? (1 3/...
- math- please help - What is the best sequence of names to identify this set of ...
- Math - Are there more rational or irrational numbers? I am thinking irrational, ...
- Math - In the question: a rational number plus an irrational number will be ____...