Posted by Haley on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 5:37pm.
Why was the Fugitive Slave Act so controversial? (3 points)
It required all Americans to return runaway slaves to their owners, and free states opposed this law.
It required all runaway slaves to be hung, and most people in free and slaveholder states were against this form of punishment.
Fugitive slaves who were caught were sent back to Africa, and southern states disagreed with this practice.
Fugitive slaves were required to work twice as long before they could be freed, and northern states opposed this rule.
What is the best description of the spread of slavery in the American states in the 1800s? (3 points)
Slavery was increasing in both the northern and southern states.
Both the northern and southern states were working to end slavery.
Slavery was increasing in the southern states, but northern states wanted to end slavery.
Slavery was increasing in the northern states, but southern states wanted to end slavery.
- US History - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 5:39pm
I'll be glad to check your son's answers.
- US History - Haley, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 5:41pm
He thinks the first on is
It required all Americans to return runaway slaves to their owners, and free states opposed this law
then the next one
Slavery was increasing in the southern states, but northern states wanted to end slavery
hes not sure and i dont want him studying the wrong material
- US History - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 5:42pm
Both of his answers are correct. :-)
- US History - Haley, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 5:44pm
- US History - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 5:45pm
- US History - Anonymous, Friday, August 16, 2013 at 2:34pm
What was one plan that received support from antislavery and pro-slavery Americans?
A.to end slavery in the northern states
B.to pay slaves a wage for their work
C.to move free African Americans back to Africa
D.to educate African American children in all states
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - Which best expresses how Missouri's application for statehood ...
- History - 2.)Which factor contributed most to Florida's admission to the Union ...
- us history - Why did the proclamation not actually free any slaves? I assume you...
- History - I know John Bell was opposed to expanding slavery to Western ...
- Physics - A the start of the war, the South's basic strategy could be summarized...
- SOCIAL STDIES HELP! - 1. How were the North and South different during this ...
- History - Could someone check my History questions? Please? My answers are under...
- Social Studies - The Surpreme Court ruled that slaves were not citizens of the U...
- History - 3. What was the effect of the Nat Turner's Rebellion? A. It became ...
- us history - Which act required Native Americans to move to territory in the ...