Posted by Wendy on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:37pm.
1) The four major kinds of natural vegetation in the United States and Canada are tundra, grassland, desert scrub, and
d. all of the above
2) Why is mining important to the economy of the United States?
a. It employs many workers.
b. Gold is expensive.
c. Minerals are shipped to Canada.
d. Industries use minerals.
3) Scientists believe that the first people to live in North America were
a. British colonists.
b. migrants from Asia.
c. French colonists.
d. Dutch explorers.
4) What statement best describes what manifest destiny meant to many Americans during the 1800s?
a. The United States had a right to own land in Canada.
b. Americans deserved free education.
c. The United States should own the land between the Atlantic and the Pacific.
d. The United States was a new home for European immigrants.
5) What was a direct result of the United States' fear that the Soviet Union would expand its power around the world?
a. World War II
b. the Cold War
d. the Treaty of Versailles
6) What did the British North American Act accomplish?
a. It divided Canada.
b. Canada became an independent nation.
c. Canada was no longer subject to British rule.
d. Canada became self-governing.
7) The United States and Canada share many geographic features, including the Great Lakes, the Rocky Mountains, and
a. desert areas.
b. tropical areas.
c. the Mississippi River.
d. Atlantic and Pacific coasts.
8) The economies of the United States and Canada are
a. very different.
b. strongly linked.
c. dependent on tourism.
d. exactly the same.
9) The first immigrants to the United States were mainly from England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, and
My Answer: Please Be Honest!!! :)
- Social Studies - Janessa, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:41pm
Can anybody please help me ? =( !
- Social Studies - Janessa, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:43pm
I post a question and nobody is answering! :(
- Social Studies - Wendy, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:44pm
Why u post here post somewhere else Janessa !!!!! >.<
- Social Studies - Janessa, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:45pm
Sorry It would never happen sorry :( !!!!!!
- Social Studies - Wendy, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:45pm
It's OK :D
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:51pm
Please have patience, child. We tutors volunteer our services and help students when we have a little time.
3, 5, 7, 8, 9 are all wrong.
It looks like you'd better read your assignment more carefully.
- Social Studies - Writeacher, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 4:06pm
Original post: 3:37
Next post: 3:41
Next demand: 3:43
Then 3:44, 3:45 ...
It looks as if you need to learn some patience, as Ms. Sue suggested ... AND read your assignment thoroughly before trying to answer questions.
- Social Studies - nate, Friday, February 13, 2015 at 9:51am
Im on the same thing
- Social Studies - nate, Friday, February 13, 2015 at 9:53am
3 5 and 6 are wrong
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - 8. Four major vegetation regions common to both the United ...
- Geography - need help on this one: 8. Four major vegetation regions common to ...
- Geography - 8. Four major vegetation regions common to both the US and Candada ...
- S.S Check my answers - 1.What Canadian landform covers about half of the country...
- global studies - the four major kinds of plant life in the United states are:...
- Geography - Are these correct: Although Brazil is rich in natural resources, a. ...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). In what type of climate would you expect to find ...
- science - This biome extends across Canada and down the Sierra Nevadas and Rocky...
- Social Studies - 1) Compare and contrast how the United States and Canada ...
- ecosystems - Hi, can someone help me? What land biome has the lowest humidity? I...