Posted by Wendy on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:37pm.
1) The four major kinds of natural vegetation in the United States and Canada are tundra, grassland, desert scrub, and
d. all of the above
2) Why is mining important to the economy of the United States?
a. It employs many workers.
b. Gold is expensive.
c. Minerals are shipped to Canada.
d. Industries use minerals.
3) Scientists believe that the first people to live in North America were
a. British colonists.
b. migrants from Asia.
c. French colonists.
d. Dutch explorers.
4) What statement best describes what manifest destiny meant to many Americans during the 1800s?
a. The United States had a right to own land in Canada.
b. Americans deserved free education.
c. The United States should own the land between the Atlantic and the Pacific.
d. The United States was a new home for European immigrants.
5) What was a direct result of the United States' fear that the Soviet Union would expand its power around the world?
a. World War II
b. the Cold War
d. the Treaty of Versailles
6) What did the British North American Act accomplish?
a. It divided Canada.
b. Canada became an independent nation.
c. Canada was no longer subject to British rule.
d. Canada became self-governing.
7) The United States and Canada share many geographic features, including the Great Lakes, the Rocky Mountains, and
a. desert areas.
b. tropical areas.
c. the Mississippi River.
d. Atlantic and Pacific coasts.
8) The economies of the United States and Canada are
a. very different.
b. strongly linked.
c. dependent on tourism.
d. exactly the same.
9) The first immigrants to the United States were mainly from England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, and
My Answer: Please Be Honest!!! :)
- Social Studies - Janessa, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:41pm
Can anybody please help me ? =( !
- Social Studies - Janessa, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:43pm
I post a question and nobody is answering! :(
- Social Studies - Wendy, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:44pm
Why u post here post somewhere else Janessa !!!!! >.<
- Social Studies - Janessa, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:45pm
Sorry It would never happen sorry :( !!!!!!
- Social Studies - Wendy, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:45pm
It's OK :D
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:51pm
Please have patience, child. We tutors volunteer our services and help students when we have a little time.
3, 5, 7, 8, 9 are all wrong.
It looks like you'd better read your assignment more carefully.
- Social Studies - Writeacher, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 4:06pm
Original post: 3:37
Next post: 3:41
Next demand: 3:43
Then 3:44, 3:45 ...
It looks as if you need to learn some patience, as Ms. Sue suggested ... AND read your assignment thoroughly before trying to answer questions.
Answer this Question
social studies - List four major events from this lesson! Patriots at War
Biology - You are a botanist hired in the future to make a distant planet, ...
global studies - the four major kinds of plant life in the United states are:...
biology - What are the four basic subunits for each of the four major categories...
evironmental and social studies - explain with a diagrammatic illustration,the ...
social studies - which of the following statements is supported by the ...
social studies - HOW would you analyze 2 kinds of economic systems
social studies - what kinds of problems did stone age peoples face
Social Studies - What kinds of conflicts have caused problems in coombia?
Social Studies - what are the three kinds of evidence thet archeoligists study?