Posted by Jim on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 9:53am.
18. What is one disadvantage of accessing the Internet through a public search engine such as or ?
A.) It’s open to anyone, so the information comes from many different people.
B.) You won’t be able to access documents that have not been published online.
C.) A huge amount of information can be found at your fingertips.
*D.) The Internet changes continuously, so new sources keep cropping up.
19. Which of the following would always require a citation in a research paper?
A.) thesis statement
B.) an anecdotal experience
*C.) a quotation
D.) a humorous statement
- English: Please help - Writeacher, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 10:19am
18 -- D is not a disadvantage!!
19 -- correct
- English: Please help - Jim, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 10:35am
so is it A?
- English: Please help - Writeacher, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 10:44am
I would say that B or C would be disadvantages.
B -- because there's still LOTS of information that's not available online anywhere, especially works still under copyright.
C -- because when you get over 10,000 results (or more!) for a search, it's often hard to know what to trust and what to discard as junk.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Internet Basics - Which of the following tools is best for accessing Web pages ...
- English/Essay - Could someone tell me if I have done my essay the right way? ...
- Information literacy lesson 2 - What is Expanded Academic ASAP? A. An open-...
- writing - Bing (common search engine) iSEEK Education (academic search engine) ...
- information literacy - 4. Which of the following statements about human-power ...
- business - Post a 150-200 word response to the following question: Internet ...
- Language Arts - What is a boolean operator? A. A credible website described as ...
- Literacy - A quick way to get the definition of "mensa" when working on the ...
- psy202 - which of the following do experts recommend regarding the search for ...
- US History - 'Some Americans believe that government agencies should regulate ...