Posted by john on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 10:36pm.
How long is a rectangular strip of land with a width of 5/4 km and an area of 3/4 square km ?
math - Emma, Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 10:46pm
Times each side by 4/5
3/4 times 4/5 =?
therefore, L= ?
math - gary, Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 10:57pm
I don't understand
3/4 / 5/4 = 3/5
the answer L is 3/5
is it correct
math - Emma, Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 12:04am
Yes you are correct.
math - fart, Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 3:54pm
You have to do 3/4 divided by 5/4. you do that by flipping 5/4 to its reciprical, 4/5. then, you multiply 3 X 4 = 12 and 4 X 5 = 20. your answer is 12/20. then you reduce it and come up with 3/5
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- alg 2 - A rectangular plot is 30 feet long and 20 feet wide. The area will be ...
- Maths - Within a square land, Asmo cut out a rectangular land with width of 10 ...
- Math - Can you please help me do it and understand it? The area of a rectangular...
- math - A rectangular skating rink measuring 30m by 20m is doubled in area by ...
- Algebra - The area of a rectangular piece of land is 280 square meters. If the ...
- Math - A rectangular flower garden, 7 m by 6 m, is surrounded by a grass strip ...
- 6th Grade Math - Which of the following is equal to 1/6÷1/18? Assume the shapes ...
- Math - A rectangular lawn is 60meters by 80meters. A part of the lawn is torn ...
- Math - Jackie mows a strip of uniform width around her 25 m by 15 m rectangular ...
- math - five square flower beds of side 1m us dug on a rectangular piece of land ...