Posted by Layla on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 8:00pm.
Consider the titration of 25.0mL of 0.10M HAc with 0.10M NaOH. That is, NaOH is added to HAc. (a)pH at the beginning of titration. (b)pH at the equivalence point of the titration. (c) pH at the midpoint of the titration.
- Chemistry - Devron, Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 10:13pm
a.) pH=-log[H+]=-log(0.10M HAc)
b.) At the 1/2 eq. pt., 1/2 of the HAc will react with NaOH. So, 25 z 10^-3L (0.01M)= moles of HAc
1/2*moles of HAc= moles of unreacted HAc
moles of unreacted HAc/total volume (37.5mL)= M of unreacted HAc
pH=-log[H+]=-log[M of unreacted HAc]
c.) Neutralization reaction, pH= 7
- Chemistry - Devron, Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 4:09am
HAc + H20---> H30+ Ac
HAc= acetic acid, which is a weak acid.
Ka=1.8 x 10–5=[x][x]/0.100M-x
5% rule allows you to ignore -x
Ka=1.8 x 10–5=x^2/0.100M
solving for x,
x=1.34 x 10^-3
pH=-log(1.34 x 10^-3 M)
Concentrations of Ac and HAc are eqaul, pH=pKA.
Ac- + H2O ---> OH +HAc
I apologize about that one; I assumed HAc was a strong acid. Oppps.
Answer this Question
- please help analytical chemistry - 50 ml of a .1103M solution of formic acid is ...
- chemistry - 50 ml of a .1103M solution of formic acid is titrated with a .2511M ...
- science - Calculate the pH at 0, 10, 90, 100 & 110% titration for the titration...
- ap chem - I was absent for this info and im stuck. A)calculate the pH in an acid...
- chemistry - 11.During an acid-base titration, 25 mL of NaOH 0.2 M were required ...
- chemistry - On the axis below, draw the titration curve for the titration of ...
- AP CHEMISTRY - one last question DrBob222 U wrote: I did not guess. You said a ...
- Chemistry - During an acid-base titration, 25 mL of NaOH 0.2 M were required to...
- chemistry help - In the following questions, assume that no excess distilled ...
- chemistry - In the following questions, assume that no excess distilled water ...