Posted by Daniella on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 12:03pm.
Lisa is 16 years younger than Andy. In 6 year, the sum of their ages id 42. How old is Lisa now?
Age Probs - Steve, Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 12:05pm
now, L = A-16
In 6 years, (L+6) + (A+6) = 42
(A-16)+6 + A+6 = 42
2A = 46
A = 23
So, Andy is 23, Lisa is 7
In 6 years, they will be 29 and 13, which add to 42
Age Probs - Daniella, Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 12:22pm
A candy company packages mixed candies. How much white chocolate selling at $2.75 a pound must be added to 4 pounds of dark chocolate selling at $3.95 a pound to produce a mixture selling for $3.30 a pound?
Age Probs - Steve, Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 2:36pm
just add up the cost of each kind. The cost must equal the total.
If there are x pounds of white chocolate needed, then the cost obeys
2.75x + 3.95*4 = 3.30(x+4)
x = 52/11 = 4.73 lbs
Odd answer. Is there a typo somewhere?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A. A woman was 30 years old when her daughter was born.Her age is now 6 ...
- math - 1. Lisa is 15 years old and her father is 40. How many years ago was the ...
- Jefferson - lisa is 6 years older than Tom. Their father's age is twice the sum ...
- math - A. Lisa is 15 years old and her father is 40. How many years ago was the ...
- math - Richard is 6 years older than Lisa, and in 5 years the sum of their ages ...
- math - How old are they? I found this question online. Please help me understand...
- Mathematics 3 - Aris is twice as old as Rico while Jay is 24 years younger than ...
- Algebra - Half of Marimar's age added to one third of sergios age is 11 years....
- algebra - Adam is 3 times as old as Cynthia and Fred is 16 years younger than ...
- math - use the names and ages of yourself and the other two people you selected...