Posted by lilly on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 8:56pm.
Your family decides to visit your grandparents that live in ohio. You drive at an average rate of 55 mph when driving in Indiana and 65 mph when driving in Ohio. The entire trip of 295 miles takes 5 hours. How long does it take to reach the Indiana-Ohio border?
algebra 1 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 9:03pm
How many miles did you drive before you reached the border?
From which direction did you come?
algebra 1 - lilly, Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 9:08pm
It starts in Indiana. It doesn't say if it is north, south, east, or west. Indiana is west of Ohio, though.
algebra 1 - lilly, Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 9:09pm
If it helps, we are working with linear combinations (elimination) and substitution. We are supposed to use whatever method works best.
algebra 1 - lilly, Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 9:13pm
Is this just an odd question? I've been able to solve every problem except for this one.
algebra 1 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 9:19pm
It doesn't make any sense to me.
You know takes to drive 5 hours to go 295 miles. But the problem gives no indication where that 295 miles is.
Please ask your teacher about this one.
algebra 1 - lilly, Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 9:28pm
Alright. Thank you! :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math (pre calc) - Imagine that you are driving 150 miles and you want your ...
- math - The Murphy family just drove 300 miles to visit their grandparents. Mr. ...
- algebra - Jim was driving to an interview 72 mi away. On the first leg of the ...
- Science - Physics - How long would it take you to drive from Houston to ...
- physics - Richard is driving home to visit his parents125 mi of the trip are on ...
- Math - Suppose you are driving to visit a friend who lives far away. You are ...
- Physics II - It is ~ 100 miles of mostly interstate driving to camp. Using your ...
- physics - you live 6 miles away from a movie theatre on a particular day it ...
- Math - Please help me? A motorist takes a trip of 100 miles, traveling at 40 mph...
- Math - Can someone please help me? I can't figure out the answer. A motorist ...