Physics -Conservation of Momentum-
posted by Isis .
1) A 1 kg mass moving at 1 m/s has a totally inelastic collision with a 0.7 kg mass. What is the speed of the resulting combined mass after the collision?
2) A cart of mass 1 kg moving at a speed of 0.5 m/s collides elastically with a cart of mass kg at rest. The speed of the second mass after the collision is 0.667 m/s. What is the speed 1 kg mass after the collision?
3) A 0.010 kg bullet is shot from a 0.500 kg gun at a speed of 230 m/s. Find the speed of the gun.
4)Two carts with a masses of 4 kg and 3 kg move toward each other on a frictionless track with speeds of 5.0 m/s and 4 kg m/s respectively. The carts stick together after the colliding head on. Find the final speed.
5) A cart of mass 1.5 kg moving at a speed of 1.2 m/s collides elastically with a cart of mass 1.0 kg moving at a speed of 0.75 m/s. (the carts are moving at the same direction)The speed
of the second mass (1.0 kg) after the collision is 0.85 m/s. What is the speed
of the 1.5 kg mass after the collision?
please help me!
J=Ft or J=p
>> I'm so sorry, please help me!
1) here, conservation of momentum ,
V(1+.7) = 1*1
V =0.588 m/s
for further help , please refer to besthomeworkhelp . com