Posted by Nina on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 7:02pm.
Which detail from the text best exemplifies the theme of the novel?
1) “We know the damn silly thing we just did. We know all the damn silly things we’ve done for a thousand years and as long as we know that and always have it around where we can see it, someday we’ll stop making the !@#$%^& funeral pyres and jumping in the middle of them.”
2) “When they ask us what we are doing, you can say, We’re remembering. That’s where will win out in the long run. And someday we’ll remember so much that we’ll build the biggest grave of all time and shove war in and cover it up.”
3) “Somewhere the saving and putting away had to begin again and someone had to do the saving and keeping, one way or another, in books, in records, in people’s heads, any way at all so long as it was safe, free from moths, silverfish, rust and dry-rot, and men with matches.”
4) “I could feel it for a long time, I was saving something up, I went around doing one thing and feeling another. God, it was all there. It’s a wonder it didn’t show on me, like fat. And now I am, messing up your life, too.”
- Fahrenheit 451 theme - Writeacher, Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 7:05pm
Come on, now ... you need to state what YOU THINK about each post you're putting up. Don't expect people here to do your work for you!
If you have problems, go to www.sparknotes.com/lit and find the book in the F's.
Let us know what YOU THINK.
- Fahrenheit 451 theme - Ken, Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 7:23pm
You don't seem to have read the book, or many of the answers would be automatic for you. PLEASE READ THE BOOK!!! It is SO good! It will help prepare you for the anti-educational idiots you encounter in your life. Actually, Please buy a copy, it is that important.
- Fahrenheit 451 theme - Ken, Monday, February 25, 2013 at 1:11am
Also, The authors name is Ray Bradbury not Brad Bury
Answer this Question
English - How would I cite quotes from books like The Hunger Games and ...
english - whay was fahrenheit 451 banned
book - what is the sound in fahrenheit 451 pages 31-48?
reading - describe montag at the beginning of the book of Fahrenheit 451
english - what are some example of how the tv parlor in fahrenheit 451 is ...
books - what is the animal imagry in fahrenheit 451 pages 31-48?
english - In part 3 "Burning Bright" in fahrenheit 451 novel .What symmetry lies...
Book: Fahrenheit 451 Ray Brad Bury - . What does Granger mean when he says “I am...
book - when montag goes home after the fire at the old woman's how does he feel ...
math - The temperature on one day in January for Phoenix, AZ, is 59 degrees ...