Posted by MIKE on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 1:08pm.
so i have some multiple choice questions that i am confused on. *PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ* i know it's alot, but it would really help me out so much! this is due in the morning! I had a total of 122 questions, but got stuck on a few.
on the first one I was able to narrow it down to two choices.
1.) in regard to the purchase of Native American lands, the English
a.) caused conflict, since the native americans still regarded the land as basically communal
b.)caused conflict by sometimes taking the land without making payment, an action justified by their belief that "unimproved" land was vacant land.
2.) As a result of the Glorious revolution in England
a.) Massachusetts' renegotiated charter forbade religious restrictions on voting
b.)In New York, the new governor put down a rebellion led by Joseph Leisler
c.) In maryland, the Protestant Association overthrew the proprietary government and requested a protestant one.
d.) all of the above
3.) During the colonial period, town schools were required only in
a.) The New England colonies
b.) The Middle Colonies
d.) New York
This next one really confused me because it asks about John Winthrop, but it doesn't specify which one. there was a Sr. and a Jr. but i was able to narrow it down to this:
4.) did John Winthrop belong to the Royal Society of London?
5.)Ministers on this persuasion believed that salvation was more important than religious training
a.) Old Light
b.) New Light
6.) For the most part, German settlers in America
a.) Moved into the carolina backcountry
b.) adopted the dietary habits of their new homeland
c.) refused to allow their children to learn English.
d.) Chose not to participate actively in the governmental processes.
e.) settled in Georgia and Pennsylvania
7.) Georgia was founded to serve as a haven for the poor, and also to
a.) Provide another slave economy
b.) produce rum for the West Indies
c.) Serve as a buffer between the English colonies and Spanish Florida
d.) provide a haven for the pacifistic Moravians.
e.) Both b and c
Thank you, i know this is alot to read. Any help at all is apriciated. even if you just cancel out on of the choices, it helps.
here are my thoughts on the problems:
3.)c (just because i remember learning that the puritans were big on schooling. but that's just a guess, i don't really know)
4.)John Winthrop Sr. was not, but John Winthrop Jr. was. so it just depends.
5.)I havn't the slightest clue
6.)I'm thinking d or c. it would be e, but i don't think they moved to Georga.
7.)I really don't know, i can only find information on how they were a safe haven for the poor.
- American History *URGENT* - Ken, Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 6:11pm
1. b correct
2. d I agree but don't really "know"
3. c correct
4. Sr. b, Jr. a. You need to point out the lack of clarity in the test to your teacher.
5. d. I only say this because they seem to be the most "grass roots" of the choices, and they disagree wildly with the others, often with "personal revelation" as their only basis for argument.
6. I'm thinking d, because of their highly restrictive religion, expressing political beliefs would have been seen as "prideful" and therefore a sin.
7. e? They do grow sugar cane (from which Rum is made) there, and the danger of having "empty" land between the colonies and foreign held land would have been very worrisome to the colonists.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Stat HW for. - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient History comes to ...
- Algebra - A history test is to have 20 questions in which some are multiple ...
- Algebra - An algebra teacher is writing a test. There will be two types of ...
- Statistical concept 68-95-99.7 - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient ...
- Just a message(please read) - First of all I would like to thank everyone for ...
- Statistics help? - Hi there, I was looking for any assistance or help on how I ...
- Statistics on Psychology - Hi there, I was looking for any assistance or help on...
- NJHS Letter Check (plz read it's really important) - I'm writing a letter to the...
- NYS ELA Online Practice Exam - PLEASE read! - Today is my NYS ELA Exam Book 1: ...
- Writing Tests - Lately, for the past couple of tests I've written, I suddenly ...