Posted by EMILY on Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 10:13pm.
need help with nominative and objective CASE PRONOUNS. these are the ones confusing me...
THE POSTAL WORKER DELIVERED A PACKAGE FOR HARRY AND SHE/HER.
MY GRANDFATHER AND HER/SHE OPERATED A SMALL INN IN VERMONT.
THE COACH PRAISED MANUEL AND HE/HIM.
WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU AND HIM/HE FOR HALF AN HOUR.
YOU MUST TELL YOUR DAD OR ME/I IF YOU WILL BE OUT LATE.
THE ONE WHO TOOK THE EARLY FLIGHT WAS HE/HIM.
- ENGLISH - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 10:23pm
Nominative (Subject) pronouns:
I, he, she, they
me, him, her, them
A very simple way to determine which pronoun is used is to simply remove the other name and "and/or."
The postal worker delivered a package for . . . she/ her.
What do you think the others are?
The last sentence is tricky. Since "was" is a linking verb, the pronoun following it must be a nominative pronoun.
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- ENGLISH - EMILY, Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 10:31pm
AWESOME...no one ever told me how to check via the method you mentioned above...that helped me out ALOT!! I got it now :)
- ENGLISH - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 10:36pm
You're very welcome.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- writing - pronouns - Label the pronouns on upper case, either N for nominative ...
- english - Pronouns used as the subjects of the sentences or ad subject ...
- English 11, grammar - my homework is to find pronouns(thats no problem) and then...
- Grammar - 1. Choose the answer that identifies the three cases of pronouns. ...
- english - Pronouns used as subjects or subject complements are in the ...
- english - Identify the pronouns in each sentance. Then decide if its nominative...
- English - Pronouns used as subjects or subject complements are in the nominative...
- English - I was sick this weekend so the person who sent home my work didnt send...
- English - The passage below contains a total of ten pronouns. How many of the ...
- English - Identify the pronouns in each sentence. Then decide if each is ...