Posted by Sylvia on Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 3:05am.
Part I: Principles of the Constitution
Create a chart or a matrix outlining the following primary principles of the Constitution:
2. Separation of Powers
3. Checks and Balances
Write an analysis of 250-500 words on the effectiveness of the checks and balances in the federal government.
1. Cite specific examples.
2. Defend your rationale.
3. Utilize the required readings, academic websites, and the GCU e-Library as resources for this assignment.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Part II: The Three Branches of the Federal Government
Outline the duties and responsibilities of each of the three branches of the federal government.
1. List each branch of government and summarize the duties and responsibilities of each. You may use bullet points in the outline.
2. Describe how these three branches are supposed to interact.
3. Include a summary of how a bill becomes law.
Write an analysis of 250-500 words on the effectiveness of the process of government.
1. Do three branches act in a constructive way to promote the will of the people, or is it more like a stalemate?
2. Are the representatives of the people more concerned about the people's agenda or their own personal agendas?
3. How important a role does the electorate play in the attitudes and actions of our elected officials?
Cite specific examples and defend your rationale.
Utilize the required readings, academic web sites, and the GCU e-Library as resources for this assignment.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the GCU APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Submit both parts of the assignment to the instructor by the end of Module 3.
Answer this Question
U.S. Constitution - Which statement best describes how states derive powers ...
American Government - Most amendments have _____. (A.) expanded and clarified ...
U.S. History - What is the impact of the separation of powers on society today? ...
social studies - The Constitution provides for a separation of powers. What does...
Social Studies - 1. What were the positions of the Federalists and Anti-...
criminal justice - Options Menu: Forum Topic: Interpreting the U.S. Constitution...
American Government - 1.)Most amendments have _____. =a)expanded and clarified ...
Can u check my answer? U.S History - "I consider the foundation of the ...
Government - Homework Help Powers that are shared by both the National ...
history - Explain how the existence of the Confederate government played a role ...