Posted by Sylvia on Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 3:05am.
Part I: Principles of the Constitution
Create a chart or a matrix outlining the following primary principles of the Constitution:
2. Separation of Powers
3. Checks and Balances
Write an analysis of 250-500 words on the effectiveness of the checks and balances in the federal government.
1. Cite specific examples.
2. Defend your rationale.
3. Utilize the required readings, academic websites, and the GCU e-Library as resources for this assignment.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Part II: The Three Branches of the Federal Government
Outline the duties and responsibilities of each of the three branches of the federal government.
1. List each branch of government and summarize the duties and responsibilities of each. You may use bullet points in the outline.
2. Describe how these three branches are supposed to interact.
3. Include a summary of how a bill becomes law.
Write an analysis of 250-500 words on the effectiveness of the process of government.
1. Do three branches act in a constructive way to promote the will of the people, or is it more like a stalemate?
2. Are the representatives of the people more concerned about the people's agenda or their own personal agendas?
3. How important a role does the electorate play in the attitudes and actions of our elected officials?
Cite specific examples and defend your rationale.
Utilize the required readings, academic web sites, and the GCU e-Library as resources for this assignment.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the GCU APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Submit both parts of the assignment to the instructor by the end of Module 3.
Answer this Question
criminal justice - Options Menu: Forum Topic: Interpreting the U.S. Constitution...
English/ please revise - The issue arising out of the Yunis case is the concern ...
U.S government - Which quotation taken from the U.S. Constitution provides for ...
Government Check - 1.)Which of the following is an example of the formal ...
U.S. constitution - Using 750-1,000 words, create a chronological narrative ...
English/ please help revise - In the Federal Court case United States vs. Fawaz ...
Us constitution - what the United States may have looked like had the Anti-...
ETH/ 125 - Write a fictional, first-person account of the creation and ...
college - Do some research into why the United States has been so slow to adopt ...
social studies - Compare the Freedom Charter with the United States Constitution...